Resort on Cocoa Beach

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueMoon2

Premium Subscriber
It appears that the Resort on Cocoa Beach has been licensed for DMR.

Frequency is 462.350 CC 1
Using Slot 1 with TG 1 and Slot 2 with TG 2.

I do not know yet what each of those talkgroups is being used for. There are several other frequencies as well for this license.

BlueMoon2

Premium Subscriber
Can anybody tell me based on this call sign and information displayed, if this is a dmr capacity plus system or not? WPZU971

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ecps92

Isn't Capacity Plus for Trunking ? Since the License is for One Repeater, I would say No
Also the FCC indicates IG - Industrial/Business Pool, Conventional
Can anybody tell me based on this call sign and information displayed, if this is a dmr capacity plus system or not? WPZU971

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TampaTyron

Beep Boop, Beep Boop
Premium Subscriber
In my experience, most radio shops do not license DMR conventional vs trunking properly. This is my experience over hundreds and hundreds of systems. I would also take licensing parameters with a large grain of salt, mostly related to location and height and power out and ERP/gain and modulation. All seem flexible in the dealers or installers eyes. With the stiff competition that the commercial market driving margins down, there has been a lot of good technical people leaving this industry for other ones. This coupled with the learning curve involved in new system types, has caused many shops to become sales houses with technical departments that are hack jobs. This is not every shop, but many of them. TT

Status
Not open for further replies.