response from don starr

Status
Not open for further replies.

AZScanner

Somewhere in this room. Right now, you're very col
rdrunr said:
OK you want to hear it ! I sent him payment over a month ago and have rec'd absolutly nothing from him. Not even an answer to various e-mails. I feel like i have been had.
rdrunr123@tconl.com

What did you send? Check? Money order? Cash? If it was a check or m.o. has it been cashed? Are you running a spam filter or other email cleaner that might have eaten it?

Not saying I don't believe you, just want to make sure funds definitely changed hands and yet no key was ever sent.

But I do concede that this is getting just a bit ridiculous. If Don isn't in a coma or dead, then where the heck is he?! Someone go stake out his PO box or something. :D

EJB

20 + year membership
Premium Subscriber
Is Don Starr in Canada? (thought he is in Winnipeg)
If so, banks up here normally put a 21 business day hold on personal cheques.
Learned the hard way

scanfan03

Premium Subscriber
gc505 said:
Well I am glad I found this thread BEFORE risking the loss of $25 for the Win97 software.

Don Starr appears to be pretty unreliable when it comes to delivering what the customers pay their hard-earned dollars for. I'll give my business to ScanCat. The software seems reliable, and I've never heard a complaint about somebody getting ripped off by them.

I'll let y'all know if I have a problem with them.

That's because nobody uses ScanCat.:lol:

AZScanner

Somewhere in this room. Right now, you're very col
An update:

Don lives! Well last month he was alive anyway. See: http://search.gmane.org/?query=&aut...TOP=and&[=1&TOPDOC=10&xFILTERS=Adon+starr---A

A lurker here on RR passed this along. Chances are the isolated incidents we keep hearing about have to do with spam filtering or other circumstances. But Don is still around and from the looks of things, doing some rather advanced serial programming. Hmmmmmmm......

-AZ

You didn't look far enough. Here's what I saw.

Subject: RE: RE: Run time error
Newsgroups: gmane.comp.hardware.rabbit-semiconductor
Date: 2006-09-25 03:46:53 GMT (1 week, 3 days, 19 hours and 30 minutes ago)

SCPD

QRT
Whew ... thank you. I clicked through to 2004 ... before figuring out how to sort by date instead of reverse date. It must have "remembered" I was in 2004. Weird (but relieved).

He'll resurface when he's ready.

-rick

scannerfreak

Database Admin
Did anyone check his profile here? He logged on 9-29-06..I too Rick hope this goes away soon...It's getting out of hand

Last edited:

kc7vtr

EJB said:
Is Don Starr in Canada? (thought he is in Winnipeg)

No he's in Santa Clara California. I did a search of phone lists and found a listing for Don at the same address as the one on his web site. There's even a phone number. That's all I'll say.

Interesting that he's active on gmane but continues to ignore e- and snail-mail from his current and future customers.

Last edited:

flyingwolf

Old School
Ok I have kept my nose out of this but I just noticed something.

Don was here just a few days ago.

On 9-29 at 11:43 am.

So why has he not said anything about this really long thread about him?

rdrunr

registration key

I would suggest that others do as I have just done about not receiving the key that you paid for nor any answers to e-mails sent to Donn Starr. I have filed a complaint wth the Santa Clara Ca. BBB & the California Attorney Generals office against Starrsoft. The sum of 30.00 is small but I do not like to spend money on something that I have never rec'd!

flyingwolf

Old School
So becuase a store goes out of busness or is shut down for a month or two you think it is justified to break in and take what you want becuase they were not open for you.

As has bene said numerous times.

Use PayPal to pay for the key, it comes instantly.
If you paid by check or M.O in the mail then go to paypal, buy a damn key, and your golden, then go to your locla police and file a report on Don for taking your M.O and cashing your check and not giving you the key.

Of course since a good portion of you are just complaining then shut up, you havent lost a dime and what he is doing is completely wrong, agreed, but its his business to destroy.

Now look at that, if you follow the above instructions you can have your key, and then when he does surface again, either follow up and prosecute or accept his sincere apology and refund.

Oh and if you sent cash via mail then your dumber then a box of rocks.

Status
Not open for further replies.