response from don starr

Status
Not open for further replies.

toydriver_det

Premium Subscriber
Don

I have been a big time supporter of Don and his great software. I have not lost any money and he sent me a replacement key when I was not smart enough to back it up (but I do learn from my mistakes).
I do agree that paying online for the program is the best way and seems to still work.

But...

IF there are cashed money orders or checks without the product being received then there is reason to believe a crime may have been commited, if not by Don then someone acting as him and should at least be investigated.

In my dealings with Don I have come to find him a GREAT programmer and an honest person. For all we know he may have sold the company and the person that is running it now is the problem. Maybe not. The point is we do NOT know.

To those that have paid by check or money order I CAN tell you that the program IS worth paying for again, this time via Paypal and then work through legal channels to recover the money lost.

"Cracking" a program is just plain theft and no different than stealing from the local store. NO different!

SCPD

QRT
Hi All,

Just a bit of a question, has any body tried any other methods (phone, fax, post, personal vist) to see whats going on with this?

If he did have a pc melt down I can understand the lack of communications from him but we need to know whats going on.

paul

rdrunr

no registration key sent

Maybe if everyone who hasn't rec'd a key after paying for it should just file a complaint with the BBB of Santa Clara Ca. & the California Attorney Generals office. This might get some action out of him

rdrunr

registration key

Since the illustrious Donn Starr has refused to respond to any E-Mails about the key that I paid for & have not rec'd since 05Sept06, I have filed a complaint with the California attorney generals office!! Maybe this will get his attention.

Dubbin

Feed Provider
rdrunr said:
Since the illustrious Donn Starr has refused to respond to any E-Mails about the key that I paid for & have not rec'd since 05Sept06, I have filed a complaint with the California attorney generals office!! Maybe this will get his attention.

You already told us this last Monday. Now since you can't even remember back to last Monday then are you SURE that you sent Don any money?

James

rdrunr said:

Has anyone considered sending a Registered letter? (requiring signature) Seems simple enough.
Jim

mojicaman

I paid for my key with a cc and the confirmation process from StarSoft stated that I would receive 2 emails. One with payment confirmation and one with the key. I received the payment confirmation email right away however I did not receive an email with the key. I sent Don a couple emails and he responded after about 3 days with my key information. In his email he stated that he had sent me the key 2 days prior however I did not originally receive it. The communication and whole process worked fine for me.

MM

WayneH

Forums Veteran
Super Moderator
rdrunr said:
screw you & the horse you rode in on.
I can understand why you're pissed off but directing your anger at another member such as you did isn't appropriate on here. If you don't like what someone says, answer it maturely or don't answer it at all.

And for future reference, you should never send a money order of all things to ANYONE via unregistered mail. If you would have you could have involved the USPS.

Last edited:

n4voxgill

Silent Key
If you own a Pro96 or 2096 and do not have WIN96 from Don Starr, you better order it quick as it is probably going to be required to use the 6 tables in his software to handle rebanding. Just pay on line with a credit card or paypal and use the software like the rest of us. I am afraid that with all of the conversation about him may well cause him to pull the program as it is just a hobby sideline with him, but necesary for us in rebanding.

kikito

Premium Subscriber
flyingwolf said:
So folks, here is a person telling you that he has been in contact with Don as recently as 5 days ago.

As far as I know, if you use Paypal, it's all an automated process that Don doesn't have to take part on. I bought a second license in the past month or so also after I waited to recover my old one to no avail.

In other words, still no obvious signs of him.....

Woodstock

So, just to be clear, I can use paypal and I'll receive the key shortly after right?

Status
Not open for further replies.