response from don starr

Status
Not open for further replies.

pinetree

Now while all this fussen and crying is going on I just registered win97 because I had lost the origional key. In 7 minutes I had an e-mail from paypal and also the Key. And this is while my server is slower than the molasses in Jan. My suggestion is use paypal or the credit card through them and be done with it...

kikito

Premium Subscriber
pinetree said:
My suggestion is use paypal or the credit card through them and be done with it...

Yeah, but that's not going to help the ones that can't use those options to pay nor it will help with the ones that lost a key.

I think by now almost everybody agrees that something is going on with Don, the lack of response has reached the unacceptable level.....

James

kikito said:
Yeah, but that's not going to help the ones that can't use those options to pay nor it will help with the ones that lost a key.

I think by now almost everybody agrees that something is going on with Don, the lack of response has reached the unacceptable level.....

Can't use Paypal option? Its free. If you don't have a bank account or a credit card, or KNOW someone with them....well thats pretty sad.

Help people who lost keys? You ever read the license agreement? You aren't guaranteed a replacement.....I feel like I'm beating a dead horse.

Lack of response unacceptable?
Use the software for 30 days FREE, make sure you LIKE it, you know how to USE it. Make sure you are happy with it. If you have problems DON'T buy it.

I haven't seen anything on Don's website saying he's gonna offer free support, replace your lost keys, or take time to answer God knows what ...........Oh I give up!!! MAN this crap of bashing Don P!sses me off.

Do a search in these forums, complaints about Starrsoft. I did yesterday. The few people who had what appeared to be legit complaints, on further inspection, either screwed up Email addresses, or sent checks that were never cashed, Then others jump in the fray with "yeah I like Emailed Don 500 times because I wanted to know if I made my own cable out of an old drop cord and plug it in my mic. out jack on my soundcard would it work with win97?" BUT SERIOUSLY .... One person complained, and complained................and complained, because he was considering win97, but had a BUNCH of questions and inquires he wanted answered from Don personally before he committed his 25 bucks, GEEZ...! SOMEBODY GET ME SOME DECAF!!!! NOW!!!

I think I would abandon the forums, and not answer my mail either.
Also, I did as some others have suggested, Dloaded all his available software, have it in case he decides to take it down. WHEW!!

And last but not least if something is "going on with Don" Thats his business, if he wants you to know about "whatever" He'll let you know. You seem like a bunch of old gossiping nags. GO PLAY WITH YOUR RADIOS!!!

Last edited:

kikito

Premium Subscriber
James said:
GEEZ...! SOMEBODY GET ME SOME DECAF!!!! NOW!!!

Yes, lay off the damn coffee! :roll:

And last but not least if something is "going on with Don" Thats his business, if he wants you to know about "whatever" He'll let you know. You seem like a bunch of old gossiping nags. GO PLAY WITH YOUR RADIOS!!!

I'm sure that's not how he feels, but if he does, then it's his loss and everyone else's too.

If you read the whole thread, you'll realize that I'm not the one "complaining" for the sake of complaining, you'll find out that I've bought 3 or 4 licenses from him (not all the same program), you'll find out most are not bashing but instead are sort of concerned and all sorts of things in contrast to what YOU are *****ing about!

Now, after you get done reading, laying off the coffee and getting your foot out of your mouth (before someone puts theirs in your behind), then go away mad or otherwise.....

James

kikito said:
Yes, lay off the damn coffee! :roll:

I'm sure that's not how he feels, but if he does, then it's his loss and everyone else's too.

If you read the whole thread, you'll realize that I'm not the one "complaining" for the sake of complaining, you'll find out that I've bought 3 or 4 licenses from him (not all the same program), you'll find out most are not bashing but instead are sort of concerned and all sorts of things in contrast to what YOU are *****ing about!

Now, after you get done reading, laying off the coffee and getting your foot out of your mouth (before someone puts theirs in your behind), then go away mad or otherwise.....
I have read the entire thread, and several others, as stated above. I have looked at almost every post that relates to this soap opera. Just what are YOU complaining about. Lets narrow it down to you.

What I'm *****ing about is the majority of these posts ARE bashing moaning crying. And speculating what might Dons problem be??? LIKE I SAID IF HE WANTS YOU TO KNOW I THINK HE KNOWS WHERE TO GET IN TOUCH.

And you better be careful with that foot.....if you wanna keep it ;} I'm not planning on going away...not my style.

kikito

Premium Subscriber
James said:
Just what are YOU complaining about. Lets narrow it down to you.
I thought you "narrowed" it down to me already when you quoted me initially....

I'm saying that it's been since MAY 2006 the last time we heard ANYTHING from Don Starr. Anybody that has run a business or otherwise, knows that's a little long to be out of touch with your clients. If he's been in contact with people since then, then I'll be glad to stand corrected, however, only if the correction comes from him. I'm not trying to bash him in any way.

By the way, I've been using and registering his software since the early days.....

LIKE I SAID IF HE WANTS YOU TO KNOW I THINK HE KNOWS WHERE TO GET IN TOUCH.
And that's where you're wrong. Like I said above, if you're running a business and you want to keep your clients and gain some more, you don't go out of touch that long. Not everyone's perfect, we all need assistance, to recover a key, offer suggestions/requests or report 'bugs' every once in a while.
And you better be careful with that foot.....if you wanna keep it ;}
It might be other people's foot you gotta worry about.... ;)

James said:
I think I would abandon the forums, and not answer my mail either.
James said:
I'm not planning on going away...not my style.
Contradicting yourself a little? :evil:

shaft

Update from Don

starrsoft.com said:
Win9x Temporary Keys

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've fallen quite behind on issuing keys for "paper" payments, as well as sending replacement keys for those who have "lost" their originals. Below you will find temporary keys that can be used for Win96, Win97, and Win99. These keys are good for 180 days, starting on 03 Nov 2006.

Long before these temporary keys "expire", I'll send permanent keys to those who require and/or have paid for them. When you receive the permanent key, be sure to store it in a safe place (i.e. print it out, take pen to paper and write it down, or burn it to a CD). When you receive your permanent key, you have two options. You can either wait for the temporary key to expire, then enter the permanent key, or you can open a command prompt, CD to the directory where the Win9x program is installed, and run:

[program] REGISTER

(where [program] is Win96.exe, Win97.exe, or Win99.exe, as appropriate).

You'll be prompted to enter a new name/key pair, and you should enter the values from the permanent key you received.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Win96: Name: Temporary 180 key
Key: 8658-DCFF-395C-E646

Win97: Name: Temporary 180 key
Key: 1308-9F57-C679-D070

Win99: Name: Temporary 180 key
Key: BE67-FF54-36ED-A4EF

I apologize for falling so far behind, and for my lack of response to query emails. Hopefully, these temporary keys will take care of everybody who has been waiting for so long.

Status
Not open for further replies.