• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Retevis RT 22 now Part 95B certified?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hans13

FCC ID: 2AAR8RETEVISRT22

FCC ID 2AAR8RETEVISRT22 Two Way Radio by HENAN ESHOW ELECTRONIC COMMERCE CO., LTD

This is the same radio as the WLN KD-C1 and Zastone ZT-X6. These are some of our group's favorite radios.

If it really is legitimately FCC certified for FRS, this is good news.

I did some searching on the RT22 after reading bpendelton's post on the supposed MURS certified RT27V in this thread, http://forums.radioreference.com/bu...heard-murs-radios-now-days-3.html#post3031775. Does someone have the RT27V FCC ID number (can't search at the moment)? Are these legitimate certifications?

ETA: I found the RT27 certification for Part 95b, FCC ID 2AAR8RETEVISRT27 FM Transceiver by HENAN ESHOW ELECTRONIC COMMERCE CO., LTD. The frequency range is GMRS/FRS and the wattage is low... I guess the V is for VHF but no FCC ID found.

Last edited:

RFI-EMI-GUY

FCC ID: 2AAR8RETEVISRT22

FCC ID 2AAR8RETEVISRT22 Two Way Radio by HENAN ESHOW ELECTRONIC COMMERCE CO., LTD

This is the same radio as the WLN KD-C1 and Zastone ZT-X6. These are some of our group's favorite radios.

If it really is legitimately FCC certified for FRS, this is good news.

I did some searching on the RT22 after reading bpendelton's post on the supposed MURS certified RT27V in this thread, http://forums.radioreference.com/bu...heard-murs-radios-now-days-3.html#post3031775. Does someone have the RT27V FCC ID number (can't search at the moment)? Are these legitimate certifications?

ETA: I found the RT27 certification for Part 95b, FCC ID 2AAR8RETEVISRT27 FM Transceiver by HENAN ESHOW ELECTRONIC COMMERCE CO., LTD. The frequency range is GMRS/FRS and the wattage is low... I guess the V is for VHF but no FCC ID found.
The FCC grant is riddled with mistakes...

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

bpendleton

Can you enlighten those of us who aren't very good at reading FCC grants what all of the problems are, with either application?

But, yeah, I bought some RT22's earlier this year because of their being 95B certified. The ones I bought came pre-programmed for the 2W frequencies that are currently allowed for FRS. Of course, they also came with a programming cable and were easy to re-program, and I used one to hit a nearby GMRS repeater as an experiment soon after, but that was certainly not the out-of-box programmed state.

I don't think the RT27V has an ID yet, though, but, yeah, it's the same body as the RT27 but with a knob that only turns to 5 spots. The programming software only lets you set CTCSS/DCS settings, enable Vox, the compander/etc. The lack of a removable antenna for MURS is kind of a bummer, but it's a very cheap HT, and will hopefully pass certification.

Hans13

Can you enlighten those of us who aren't very good at reading FCC grants what all of the problems are, with either application?

Most people on here probably know more than I do about looking at these grants. I got busy and haven't had time to revisit them. I was hoping RFI-EMI-GUY would've posted back by now. He really knows his stuff.

jbailey618

I just opened a RT22 that a local business is using at their market and gas station locations around Southern Oregon. They are riddled with business band frequencies and a few GMRS frequencies. My guess is that the business owners have no idea that they are transmitting illegally on several business frequencies and in wideband mode. Do these ship with these frequencies or maybe some re-seller is doing this?

Status
Not open for further replies.