Icom: Retired - ICOM IC-5100

Status
Not open for further replies.

KM4ZYG

I’m sad to say that the IC-5100 no longer appears on ICOM‘s website for amateur transceivers.
They‘ve had a good run, and looking forward to seeing what it’s replacement will be.

Color screen? Wishing...

AK9R

Lead Wiki Manager and almost an Awesome Moderator
Super Moderator
Many popular amateur radio transceivers are out of stock or in short supply at U.S. dealers right now. Events in the news have interrupted the international supply chain for electronics products and their component parts. That coupled with reports of very high demand, again, due to events in the news.

KE0GXN

I’m sad to say that the IC-5100 no longer appears on ICOM‘s website for amateur transceivers.
They‘ve had a good run, and looking forward to seeing what it’s replacement will be.

Color screen? Wishing...

It is still being sold and supported. However, between the COVID payouts and the current prepper hysteria, I suspect demand is not keeping up with supply right now. I like mine, but probably would have never bought it, there is no D-Star in my area....(I won it in a contest.)

But, I have no doubt, Icom has got their techs coming up with something to compete with the Yaesu FTM-400XDR, not to mention something mobile VHF/UHF wise that they can parallel with their current color screen offerings on HF.

Right now the craze is the IC-705 for the SOTA/POTA/Portable/QRP crowd.

jazzboypro

Premium Subscriber
I got mine about 3 weeks ago, bought it from a dealer in Toronto, i believe they still have some in stock

Status
Not open for further replies.