Retirement Announcement: Jeff from The Ham Station

Status
Not open for further replies.

KD4YGG

Database Admin
A lot of you know and have relied on Jeff, KA9YKA, (aka Trido) at The Ham Station in Evansville, Indiana as a source for scanners over the past 30 years. Friday, December 29, 2017 was his last day of work, as he decided to retire to enjoy more time with his wife, children, and grandchildren, as well as continuing to enjoy the scanning hobby on a more personal level.

With the current transition of Vanderburgh County, Indiana's EDACS system to P25, Jeff also plans on serving the local scanner community in the Evansville area through his new website, ScanEvansville – scanner site.

Jeff would like to thank all of his friends, customers, and fellow Radioreference members for the many years of fellowship and business. It has been an interesting journey from the days of crystal scanners to today's multi-mode digital units.

eaf1956

Feed Provider
Jeff aka Trido worked at the HAM Station? Just Kidding...Jeff did an awesome job. Too Bad the HAM Station had to close up and go out of business.

mrkelso

Good Luck Jeff, i know you always did the right thing by me. Will miss you.

buddrousa

Premium Subscriber
I talked to Jeff 1st week of December and he told me of his plans. I would like to take this time to say THANKYOU for all the scanner and radio sales dating back to the late 80's. I have driven the 180 miles oneway to buy several times. He will be missed from the sales side. As stated before enjoy your time thanks.
Dan still has things listed on the site new and used.

AA6IO

Premium Subscriber
Found out from Jeff in December that he was retiring, and Dan also, after selling remaining inventory. Jeff always provided great service and was well versed in scanner knowledge, being an enthusiast himself. All the best Jeff.

N9JIG

Sheriff
Congratulations On your retirement Jeff (If you receive this thread).

It has been an honor knowing you!

KD4YGG

Database Admin
Congrats Jeff and enjoy this new chapter in life. Can’t even begin to count how many new scanners I’ve purchased from you over the years, and all the frequency and Talkgroups changes through the years.

Happy scanning !!!

eaf1956

Feed Provider
Ham Station

I tried starting a HAM Station Closing thread which is different than the Jeff Retirement thread but the moderator closed it. I guess he thought they were the same thing. If that were true it wouldn't have been asked if the HAM Station was closing.

K9EDF

QDP2012

I tried starting a HAM Station Closing thread which is different than the Jeff Retirement thread but the moderator closed it. I guess he thought they were the same thing. If that were true it wouldn't have been asked if the HAM Station was closing.

K9EDF

The point about the business closing was already discussed in Post #7,8 above; another thread on that seems like a duplicate.

Hope this helps,

eaf1956

Feed Provider
The point about the business closing was already discussed in Post #7,8 above; another thread on that seems like a duplicate.

Hope this helps,

Well some people may not open a thread about Jeff retiring but would open a thread about HAM Station closing. But 6 of one and all that..

AK9R

Lead Wiki Manager and almost an Awesome Moderator
Super Moderator
The thread you opened in the Indiana forum links to this thread. Someone looking at the Indiana forum will see that thread title and end up here.

Last edited:

KC9NEG

Congratulations Jeff, you’ve earned it! I will always consider you a trusted friend in the hobby and really appreciate everything you’ve done for all of us over the years.

Status
Not open for further replies.