Retrieve Uniden DMR Key

sallen07

Premium Subscriber
I agree with beldvr. That error is coming from the web server. There may be an issue with the OP's account that the server is not handling correctly.

OP, I *would* try another browser, if you haven't already, just to rule out a problem with the browser you're using.

Reactions: hey

wizardofid

Try a hard reboot of your computer to see if it will clear any glitches in the handshake that permits downloading your key? I don't know if it will work... but I have had similar issues, on other systems, in the past and a complete reboot has corrected the problem.

hey

Thank you everyone for your help with this is where I’m running into the problems were you see the red circles
78AEC374-0D77-4A5B-BEA9-0D35B6FFF16C.jpeg

jtwalker

Premium Subscriber
Works fine for me this morning in Firefox under Win 10. I know it’s an http/500 error which indicates server error, but since it works for others it has to be something specific to your environment. Have you tried any of the suggestions? different browser? verifying pop-ups not being blocked by browser you are using?

garys

Premium Subscriber
It's an issue with his account at the Uniden site. It's not a browser, cookie, Windows, or anything else issue. hey can tell you how I know that if he decides that, it's not my story to tell.

belvdr

No longer interested in living
Works fine for me this morning in Firefox under Win 10. I know it’s an http/500 error which indicates server error, but since it works for others it has to be something specific to your environment. Have you tried any of the suggestions? different browser? verifying pop-ups not being blocked by browser you are using?
I disagree. It is becoming apparent that Uniden doesn't have a single server solution implemented. While it appears that my.uniden.com resolves to the same IP via DNS, it can go various directions from there, such as using a load balancer for single site load balancing or GSLB for getting a server closer to the user.

donc13

Premium Subscriber
Thank you everyone for your help with this is where I’m running into the problems were you see the red circles
View attachment 112775
The obvious question is 'you bought the key, right'

If your answer is yes, then the next step is to call Uniden and have THEM look into it. Yes, that 500 error says the server can't retrieve the key for some reason or other. Call Uniden, tech support and find out what group in Uniden can answer your question. My presumption is Uniden has a database problem.

On your side, Uniden should have emailed the key to you when you bought it. Like this:

You have successfully generated a key for your scanner.

Your NXDN Key is: BD4374-7296455F-ACE70D-0EB3

Please save this key to your computer.

Thank you.

Uniden Order Dept.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
View attachment 112775
Are you sure you paid for the key
I'm with Budd on this one.

That page does not indicate that you purchased the DMR for that unit. If, in fact, you did purchase it, then that was with a different user ID at My Uniden. The keys are other scanners under this user ID are displayed in plain site.

Are you, instead, getting the error when trying to make the purchase of a key? When you registered this scanner, did you follow through with both steps? You can initially register with only the labeled S/N. It's a second step to enter the ESN, which then enables you to purchase the upgrade(s) you select. Looking at the registration details for that scanner, I only see the 'back of the scanner label' serial number, not the ESN.
That appears to be a receipt for a NXDN key, not DMR. Were you, justt now, able to complete a purchase? And again, for the scanner in your first screenshot, the ESN is not present. So either you did bot fully register the scanner & purchase a key, or you logged in with a different user ID.

wtfactual

I’m having a hard time receiving DMR Key. I’m getting a pop-up Saying 500 - internal server error.
View attachment 112464
Right now I am facing the exact same error, too. I observe that my issue is almost exactly to the day 1 year after the initial post, 3 days from Thanksgiving. I purchased the upgrades this afternoon.
--
After attempting to contact Uniden support by telephone (and subsequently getting automatically disconnected because the hotline message claims I called outside operating hours -- but then goes on to state normal operating hours, which my phone call does fall within)), I am wondering if this problem has to do with bad timing. While my.uniden.com is certainly 'up', I am wondering if the server or protocol attached to pressing the "Retrieve Key" action has the switch flipped off along with the lights at the office.
--
Edit: Given that OP and I share a similar calendar date of our attempts, albeit one year apart, and that some users are able to retrieve their keys just fine, I wonder if it has to do with the timing of my purchase
--
Will try to remember to update here if it comes back online, hopefully Friday, but given my theory, possibly Monday November 28, 2022.

wtfactual

I suppose I should also share what I've done so far. The error persists across repeated log-ins, across chrome, firefox, and safari web browsers on windows and mac. Also persists despite disabling content blockers and enabling pop ups for my.uniden.com in chrome.

belvdr

No longer interested in living
I suppose I should also share what I've done so far. The error persists across repeated log-ins, across chrome, firefox, and safari web browsers on windows and mac. Also persists despite disabling content blockers and enabling pop ups for my.uniden.com in chrome.
Have you tried different DNS servers or trying from a phone not on WiFi?

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
Negative. Did you just purchase yours today, too?
-
Yes, for a new BCD996P2. The key was provided during the purchase process, and also with a follow up email almost instantly. I just went back to the my.uniden site and can retrieve it there as we speak.