Retrieving UID Via Interface Protocol?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PeterGV

K1PGV
Anybody know how/if you can retrieve the RID/UID info using the interface protocol? Does it come back to the GLG command, as an added field perhaps??

If so, it'd be WONDERFUL if somebody could post the output from a GLG returning the UID.

Please don't say "why don't you try it and find out" -- I don't have an XT-flavor scanner, and I'm trying to add this feature to ScannerCast at the request of a user.

Thanks for whatever info you can provide,

Peter
K1PGV

cpuerror

Not available from any command at this time. You can use the STS command to grab the display and then parse it, this is the only place where UIDs appear.

DaveeCom

STS,011000, ¨© ,,Public Works ,,SAP ,,UID:iD2F0h ,,S0:-********* ,,GRP---------- ,,1,0,0,0,,ÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌ

Sample of STS if you need it.

I'm not sure yet, but I think there might be a slight delay from when the sound appears to when the uid appears...still looking at this.

Edit: Here's some more.

STS,011000, ¬* ,,Richmond.Cityof ,,Police Primary ,,UID:i16301 ,,S1:-**------- ,,GRP---------- ,,1,0,0,0,,ÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌ
STS,011000, ¦ ,,Richmond.Cityof ,,Police Secondary,,UID:i16303 ,,S1:1**------- ,,GRP1--------- ,,1,0,0,0,,ÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌ
STS,011000, ¨© ,,Pinole&Hercules.,,Police Primary ,,UID:i9509 ,,S1:-**------- ,,GRP---------- ,,1,0,0,0,,ÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌ

Edit ... again (sigh)

I didn't think about it at the time I posted the samples, but I just realized that STS has a variable number of fields. So I guess my sample was pointless because the display lines might be different between models.

Last edited:

PeterGV

K1PGV
Thanks all.

Parsing the STS reply can be tricky... especially given that there are different possible display formats (apparently). But I'll look to see what I can do. I DO already retrieve STS, so it might be possible.

Thanks very much for the help,

Peter
K1PGV

cpuerror

STS might shift the UID line from place to place depending if it is in display mode 2 or 3. The safe bet is just to parse all the lines for the UID: string.

PeterGV

K1PGV
Sorry, another question, possibly one that's hopelessly naive: Are these IDs displayed in hex or decimal (I see one example with an "h" after it.. above).

I seem to recall that the UIDs are 6-digit hex numbers, no?? Well, that's what I see on my Moto radios, I think.

Peter
K1PGV

SCPD

QRT
Sorry, another question, possibly one that's hopelessly naive: Are these IDs displayed in hex or decimal (I see one example with an "h" after it.. above).

I seem to recall that the UIDs are 6-digit hex numbers, no?? Well, that's what I see on my Moto radios, I think.

Peter
K1PGV

It depends if the scanner is set to display the talk group in hex or decimal format.

PeterGV

K1PGV
Very helpful, all. Thanks for sharing,

Let's hope Uniden adds the ID to the GLG command at some point. In the mean time, I'll look at the ScannerCast code and see if I can support this.

Peter
K1PGV

Status
Not open for further replies.