return of the penguin-napper?

Status
Not open for further replies.

car2back

thought I would post something to provoke a light hearted discussion:

someone stole another one of those *&#@#! 6 foot tall penguins in Tulsa....

any predictions on where they'll find it this time?
(floating in the Arkansas river or in some rednecks backyard again is mine)

Last edited:

car2back

iamhere300 said:
6 foot tall penguins in Tulsa... Boy, now am I confused...

here's some some pics of a couple more

basic there's a bunch of these all over Tulsa with different paint jobs (the Harley Penuin at Myers Duren is pretty cool!).... some idot stole a few several years ago.
Okl2.JPG

mfolta1

wonder where the clucker is? i heard the call go out. i covered the story last year when they caught the guy who stole it from 41st and harvard and parked it in his yard at 21st and harvard.then i remember the year they dumped one in the river,,some guy in a hellicopter was out there trying to rescue it.. funny stuff....quack quack..

car2back

It's probably sitting along the road somewhere in Oakhurst.....

maybe I'll give a BOLO out at work tonight. :lol:

CommShrek

I have to work my part time tonight out in Phil's area. I'll keep my ears open for that BOLO. I heard some fool on the tunrpike last night flag down (jump out in front of) a Creek County deputy. That was pretty funny. Of course, the best way to flag them down is to jump in front of them, needless to say, he was a little schnockered and the troop got to deal with him. Laters....

car2back

Twobravo said:
I have to work my part time tonight out in Phil's area. I'll keep my ears open for that BOLO. I heard some fool on the tunrpike last night flag down (jump out in front of) a Creek County deputy. That was pretty funny. Of course, the best way to flag them down is to jump in front of them, needless to say, he was a little schnockered and the troop got to deal with him. Laters....

yeah, I called OKC, and they already knew about the dufus; so I confirmed that he was 88 (intoxicated) and that he'd flagged down a deputy for a ride into down to get fuel (he ran out of gas!)

that was before the sig-30 dog.... fun times on night shift!:D

Last edited:

peterjmag

It was probably Bill LaFortune! I mean with Great Plains going under, not enough money for the new and usless arena, and not getting relected for mayor, I'd say it's a good chance it's him or someone that works for him ;-)

P.J.

car2back

peterjmag said:
It was probably Bill LaFortune! I mean with Great Plains going under, not enough money for the new and usless arena, and not getting relected for mayor, I'd say it's a good chance it's him or someone that works for him ;-)

P.J.

He needed a Souvenir since he didn't get to keep Bean's badge! :twisted:

peterjmag

Hey, when your last name is LaFortune, you are entitled to about anything you want in this town right Folta?

P.J.

mfolta1

yes, i was holding it ransom, my demand was that bill gates leave microsoft...i got my way, the penguin will be returned now......................next im gonna steal the golden driller and ask for a million dollars....!!

Chaos703

Now that's a great idea. Forget all that Vision 2025 taxation foolishness. If you really want to beautify this city, they could start by tearing down that big headed, pudgy assed "golden" monstrosity.

How did that pile of junk survive the down burst? It's like a demonic curse plaguing our fair city. Sort of like an anti-prayer tower.

car2back

Chaos703 said:
Now that's a great idea. Forget all that Vision 2025 taxation foolishness. If you really want to beautify this city, they could start by tearing down that big headed, pudgy assed "golden" monstrosity.

How did that pile of junk survive the down burst? It's like a demonic curse plaguing our fair city. Sort of like an anti-prayer tower.

Hey now, I have fond memories of the Golden Driller..... As a child, I always new we had arrived at the fair when we had passed by Him!

OkRob

phil_smith said:
Hey now, I have fond memories of the Golden Driller..... As a child, I always new we had arrived at the fair when we had passed by Him!
They just spent some big bucks refurbing him not too many years ago.

- Rob

Status
Not open for further replies.