Return of the Seeker 800!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
Today my Seeker 800 is slated to be delivered. I plan on doing an informal comparison between it and a few other antennas. I combed through the threads regarding the Seeker and noted that many of them were a few years old. In the interest of keeping things up-to-date I will provide a brief comparison and general impression post. Thanks!

SCPD

QRT
I've had the antenna for a little over a day on the TRX-1 monitoring the CSP. I have periodically swapped out the antenna with the Austin Condor and the RS800. Additionally I've had all three on the 325p2 as well.

My initial impressions of the Seeker are that it is slightly shorter than the austin and it feels a bit more sturdy atop the scanner than the slightly wobbly austin. Also it looks less like a dildo.

For my area I believe that the Seeker is a great match with the TRX as it seems to be slightly better at pulling in stuff than the RS800...but like all prior posts have mentioned the difference isn't huge.

I'll post something a little more detailed once finals are over and work slows down.

As for now if you have disposable cash and want a well made antenna that slightly out performs the RS800 by all means the Seeker is a great antenna. That being said...it is 60 bucks. Weigh your decision carefully.

Status
Not open for further replies.