Return to Overland Park

Status
Not open for further replies.

ddoorman

After 40 plus years I have returned to my home town of Overland Park, Ks. The once small town is now a major city in the KCMO area.

I am trying to set up a .p500 file for my RS Pro 197 for O.P., JoCo, etc. This is turning out to be a major task as my eye sight is not what it once was. This is also true for my hands/fingers. (I probably will still be setting it up while in Newcomers or Amos.).

If anyone has such a file and would be willing to share such please send a copy to: dm22dol@yahoo.com. Thank you.

bctrainers

I don't have any of the RS scanner series - so am unsure what this .p500 file is. However, if you want to listen to Overland Park KS PD (the non encrypted channels that is), here's the needed information.

Do note Overland Park KS is all on the KC MARRS digital system, so you'll need a digital scanner capable of picking up P25 Phase One transmissions.

Frequency: 853.77500
OPKS Talkgroups:

- 31351, Sanders/Primary Dispatch (all dispatch calls)
- 31353, Scafe/Broadcasts (uncommonly used)

Things like Talk Around (31354), Info (31352), Admin (31364) are 100% encrypted, and there's no way to listen to that unless you are on the PD of OP.

All fire ground chat is encrypted (regretfully), all Fire and EMS dispatch is from the JoCo ECC on 30101 and operations channel 30102.

Status
Not open for further replies.