Returning to Listening After 30 Years

Status
Not open for further replies.

ESMD

Please forgive my ignorance, but it's been almost 30 years since I've programmed a scanner and a lot has changed since then. Trucking was new, encryption was unheard-of, all of my programming experience was on conventional analog frequencies! So if you don't mind putting your explanations in laymen terms, I would appreciate it. I want to get back into this hobby and any help would be wonderful.

The main thing I was looking to monitor right now is Christiana Care. I purchased a used scanner (based upon the information I found in this database) but now I'm realizing they are no longer using the LTR system that is listed here but have switched to something else. I found that out by finding another thread on here that discusses this. I know for a fact they are using Mototrbo radios. Is it possible to monitor them and are there any available scanners that will receive their transmissions and allow me to listen in?

A bonus (but not necessary) if the scanner also has the capability of picking up other Delaware frequencies.

VOXScanningYT

Scanner Enthusiast
Feed Provider
I use the Uniden BCD325P2. It can scan APCO-25 digital systems (State of Delaware Public Safety) and also LTR systems. Unfortunately, you do have to pay $75.00 for the DMR (MotoTRBO) upgrade. If you would be interested, I could DM you a FreeSCAN preset that I use for the Tri-State area. Hope this helped!

rgchristy

Premium Subscriber
We were at Christiana, Newark in January. While we were there, I did limit and close call searches. Everything that I heard was Mototrbo encrypted. I didn't realize that the database wasn't up to date, otherwise I would have documented everything.

They have a bunch of FCC licenses, but it seems like this one corresponds to the LTR frequencies and they are now DMR.

Sorry that I couldn't be more help. The other thing that you should know if you live in Delaware, is that most, if not all of the PD channels/talkgroups are also encrypted. Times definitely have changed.

rgchristy

Premium Subscriber
Sorry, I would have, but I didn't document anything that I heard. The only thing that I noticed while doing a FCC search was that the frequencies for the old LTR system now have DMR emission designation. Next time that I'm down that way, I'll definitely do so.

Have you submitted that to the RR database admins yet? If not when I get a chance I will do it.

ESMD

So basically, I won't be able to really hear anything useful? Sorry for the dumb question, but don't want to spend hundreds of dollars on equipment and find it to be useless.

Status
Not open for further replies.