Review By Novice of Uniden BC346XT

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaveIN

Founders Curmudgen
Database Admin
Interesting review. I didn't realize Uniden gave out review samples. Maybe I'm getting used to the DMA programming, I didn't find it too hard to program from the start.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
Couple of editorial comments (of the typographic kind):

1) The main article heading has the model name wrong.
2) The first paragraph says "an portable scanner" when I think you mean "a portable scanner"
3) Most importantly, in the linked page, the first reference to my name is misspelled. :)

Dave: Editorial review units are made available by loan to qualified individuals. The number of units we have available for loan are quite limited...there is usually a waiting list while we await a unit's return.

DaveIN

Founders Curmudgen
Database Admin
Dave: Editorial review units are made available by loan to qualified individuals. The number of units we have available for loan are quite limited...there is usually a waiting list while we await a unit's return.

Good to know. I may need to revive my writing skills, or develop some... :D

jpgalvin

Paul--

Thanks for the great copy editing. So much for late night typing. I fixed those errors.

Best,
John.

jpgalvin

DaveIN--

Thanks for the comment. I'm a professional journalist, and it wasn't easy to get a review copy. Uniden has a sophisticated PR group.

I've been covering disasters and disaster preparedness for a few years now, including the October cover story which you can read here.
4 People Who Faced Disaster—And How They Made it Out Alive - Rules to Survive Fire, Tornado, Blizzard and Hurricanes - Popular Mechanics

And this story from awhile back on the 10 Worst Disasters in U.S. History.
10 Worst Disasters of the Century - Detailed History - Future Lessons - Expert Interviews - Popular Mechanics

I'm working on another big disaster package for Popular Mechanics, coming out in April, and this is for that package, as well as for my related website, gettingprepared.info. GettingPrepared.Info readers are getting much more info than we could ever relate in a printed page.

Best,
John.

Status
Not open for further replies.