Reviewing Avoids

Status
Not open for further replies.

greggk

Premium Subscriber
Hi. Been sitting here working while listening to the 536 Favorites list. I get the occasional hiss or buzzing frequency which I avoid. Some of the avoids are temporary, others I press twice for permanent avoid. However, no matter how I try to review these avoids I get the "Nothing Avoided" text. Below is just One example from the 536 manual. At times the scanner tells me to turn on the full database before checking. Perhaps I misunderstand, and that the avoid feature is only usable wile searching. Any help please? Thanks. Greg

"Review Scan Avoids
You can Review Avoids for the Database or for each Favorites List.
Press Channel to hold on any Channel.
Press Func then Avoid and scroll to each Channel, Department, Site, or System.
Press Avoid to return. Press Channel to release Hold Mode.
Temporary Avoids appear reversed in the display- .
Press E/yes to Stop Avoiding."

marksmith

I d o it by going to MENU-MANAGE FAVORITES-XXXXX-REVIEW AVOIDS, where XXXXX is the favorites list I have chosen to review.

536/436/ws1095/996p2/996xt/325p2/396xt/psr800/396t/HP-1/HP-2 & others

greggk

Premium Subscriber
I d o it by going to MENU-MANAGE FAVORITES-XXXXX-REVIEW AVOIDS, where XXXXX is the favorites list I have chosen to review.

Thanks! All my favorites are in one list, but I get no Favorites List to select....just my favorites. I get the option to create a new favorites list, but everything else is just the systems I have plugged in...if this makes any sense.

marksmith

Are you saying you still can't get to the review avoids option by going through the manage favorites?

If all you get is my favorites then select tgst, then you should g in an option to review avoids.

greggk

Premium Subscriber
When I go to manage favorites list, all I get is a line that says "Select Favorites." Then all my favorite systems are listed underneath. The only things I can click on are my favorites (Systems) that I download from Sentinel.

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
So what is the problem?

You'll need to drill down through systems and departments to review channel-level avoids, otherwise you could have an unworkably huge Avoid list to review. Just like reviewing Avoids in Sentinel.

greggk

Premium Subscriber
So what is the problem?

You'll need to drill down through systems and departments to review channel-level avoids, otherwise you could have an unworkably huge Avoid list to review. Just like reviewing Avoids in Sentinel.

Here is the problem. Are you saying I need to go all the way down to the channel level and then check each individual channel to see if it has been avoided? If I do not know what channels I've avoided then I would have to go thru literally thousands of channels to see if they have been avoided by me.

I don't think this is what you mean...sure I just do not understand, but if I must scroll all the way down to each particular channel, press review avoids, and then check it, it won't work for me.

I'm just frustrated that nothing is easy lately. Thanks. Greg

Jay911

Silent Key (April 15th, 2023)
Feed Provider
When you do Manage Favorites, then you select the favorites list, then select Review Avoids. You will be shown each system/department/site/channel that is avoided, and you can either hit E to stop avoiding that item, or use the scroll knob to move to the next one. Hit Menu a bunch of times (or, I find easier, just hit the actual avoid button) to exit back to scanning.

One bug I have found at least in the 436 is if you have a temp avoid as the first avoid in a favorites list, and a permanent avoid as the second item, if you remove the temp avoid, when the next one (the permanent avoid) is supposed to be displayed, the screen is blank. You just see "Stop Avoiding?" on top and the channel data isn't listed (but you can still say yes to stop avoiding and it'll be un-avoided).

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
No, just the FL level. Review Avoids is in the menu just after you select the FL you are wanting to review.

Review/Edit System
Set FL Quick Key
Set FL Number Tag
Set FL Startup Key
Use Location Control
Review Avoids
Stop All Avoiding
Add Current dB Channels
Rename
Delete
Information

greggk

Premium Subscriber
Thank you Jay and Mr. Upman! I finally got the avoids to show by doing just as you said. Keeping with my policy of honesty...most of my avoids were temporary, and of course they came back after I restarted the scanner. (I might have forgot that :confused: ) So, I punched a few systems that I knew I had permanently avoided channels and there they were!!

I love it when stuff works right.

Thank you again. Greg

greggk

Premium Subscriber
Are you saying you still can't get to the review avoids option by going through the manage favorites?

If all you get is my favorites then select tgst, then you should g in an option to review avoids.

Thanks Mark and Jonwienke. All your suggestions helped! Greg.

Status
Not open for further replies.