• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

RF alert system for detecting contact closure

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our waste water lift stations only activate a flashing light or horn when they go into alarm mode and our state environmental dept wants our
plant operator to have a more direct notice.

Back in my COSC days I installed a system in a building that sent out voice announcements on a radio (HT-90?) that said something like 'alert zone 1' whenever an exterior door was opened.

Anyone using something like that now? I suppose an alternate would be internet based but we'd have monthly ISP bills forever.

N5XPM

I installed a Zetron Model 18 System years ago for a water utility to monitor floats in a water storage tank with a model 1801 status panel. Very rugged system greatly increasing reliability and saving cost over leased line system. Used Motorola CDMs for the RF path.

Thunderknight

Premium Subscriber

AA1PL

Feed Provider
The Zetron model 1516 Sentri-Voice does exactly what you're looking for. I've installed several of them in the past. Zetron was recently aquired by Codan Communications (formerly Daniels) and I hope they don't discontinue their specialty products like the Sentri Voice. They are around $1200-$1500 list price depending on options and voice memory needed. The Model 18's that N5XPM mentioned in his reply is also a good product also but it doesnt send a voice meassage. The Model 18's basically give you a output signal at the receive location whenever an input goes active at the sending location. There are 8 inputs and 8 outputs at each end to use for various signals. The FSK data communication between the Model 18 boxes can be done over regular analog radios. You have to purchase Zetron products through a Zetron authorized dealer. Here's a link where you can get more info Specialty Products | Zetron | Communications Systems

Firebuff880

@speedway_navigator

We have stated using a small lightweight LTE digital asset tracker for some customers that also has support for a number of IO Points. Yes, you have a small Capex fee and then the Cellular fee ongoing, but the digital IoT fees are not like having an iPhone on the network.

PM me if you want to talk about what it might be able do for you..

RFI-EMI-GUY

Make sure your state does not have a requirement for the circuit to be supervised for fault detection. What you installed at your COSC was a SCADA system like INTRAC or one of Motorola's later spin off products. Those get polled and return a response.

Project25_MASTR

Millennial Graying OBT Guy
Our waste water lift stations only activate a flashing light or horn when they go into alarm mode and our state environmental dept wants our
plant operator to have a more direct notice.

Back in my COSC days I installed a system in a building that sent out voice announcements on a radio (HT-90?) that said something like 'alert zone 1' whenever an exterior door was opened.

Anyone using something like that now? I suppose an alternate would be internet based but we'd have monthly ISP bills forever.
Done a bit of this in the past for various things. Easy way is use radios that support two tone encode and use the contact closure to close PTT with a receiver that can use multiple two tone decode profiles to alias the call.

I can also think of something similar using a DMR Tier II solution.

Take a look at these...might do what you need:
Thanks, I was looking at that since I ran into one at a Goodwill store. They were on 467.875, had 'assistance needed at the fitting rooms' going when someone hit the button. They are a few blocks from a restaurant using the same freq so I volunteered to see if I could mitigate the restaurant's claim about them 'being on MY channel.'
Both users are members of the
'we don't need no stinkin license' fan club.

Status
Not open for further replies.