rf amp for diy x wing antenna

Status
Not open for further replies.

navsec277

i built the diy x wing antenna some years back and it performs above all my expectations. i am using a cheap radio shack rf amp connected at the antenna and use the power injector that came with it. i want to upgrade to a higher quality amp and need some advice . there is one on the airspy.us site that has very good gain and noise figures,priced around 45 dollars u.s..is anyone using this amp? most of the quality rf amps i have looked at from rf bay and minicircuits are in the 100.00 dollar range, i would like to hear feed back on this subject please.

Attachments

• IMG_4880.jpg
    IMG_4880.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 315
  • IMG_4882.JPG
    IMG_4882.JPG
    172.2 KB · Views: 314

DeepBlue

Several months ago I bought a P240-270VDG from Advanced Receiver Research. A little more than $100 but it seems to be helping me and I am using just a discone antenna for the time being. I need to finish the X-Wing I started about a year back.

P military

S

prcguy

I love to see the X-wing projects, keep them coming! If your in a low RF environment you can get away with a TV off air type amplifier. If your in the big city you might do better with a tuned preamp or a band pass filter before the preamp.

Status
Not open for further replies.