RF Industries RFU-502-H1

Status
Not open for further replies.

MBill

Premium Subscriber
Planning to run about 80 feet of Andrew LDF4-50A cable to a Diamond D130 discone antenna which has
a UHF female connector. Andrew no longer makes the L44P UHF male connector which was good up to
the Gigahertz region, but Rf Industries does have the RFU-502-H1 male UHF connector for this cable.
However, their specs show it covers only from 0 to 300 Mhz. I plan to use antenna as a "shop" antenna,
mostly for monitoring up to 900 Mhz, but also for some transmission testing in the 150 & 450 Mhz bands.
My question is: Should I go ahead and use the RF Industries connector, or put on the Andrew N male
connector and add a N female to UHF male adapter.
Would it make much difference either way in reception/transmission?

Thanks

Last edited:

mmckenna

I ♥ Ø
The UHF connector for the Heliax will work fine. They are not great performers up in the UHF range, but it'll work fine for what you are doing.

Better choice, though, would be to NOT directly couple the Heliax to the antenna. That risks damaging the connectors. Use a jumper from an N connector on the end of the Heliax to the UHF connector on the antenna. Even a short length of RG-58 isn't going to negate things. You want something flexible to allow the antenna to move around a bit.

MBill

Premium Subscriber
RFU-502-H1

Thanks for the reply mmckenna and the suggestion.
Pretty much figured that was the case, but thought I would get some input and see if anyone had
used these new connectors yet and had any comments.

Status
Not open for further replies.