RF King Antenna ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wheels63

Some one must of tried one of these antennas.I`m stuck with having an in door antenna.From his videos this antenna looks like it would out do what I have set up.I`m using a Radio Shack Indoor Telescopic Scanner Antenna:Model: 20-551 | Catalog #: 20-551 Taped to a broom stick as high as I can get it in the corner of my bedroom.It works some what good.I only need it for VHF and UHF.Theres no 800 in my area.

SOMEONE ??

ind224

I never heard of them but I assure you they are not me. I have used RF KING as my SSID for years. :cool:

rfking123

Premium Subscriber
RF KING TB-3

Has any one used this in-door antenna ? I`v been thinking about getting one.--TB-1
Home - RF KING SCANNER ANTENNAS

Tom

I own an RF KING TB-3 hanging in my window. This thing works really well for me! Make sure if you order to tell RF KING that you need a BNC, or SMA. Stay with the BNC, you can always grab an adapter if needed. They will also supply you with a pre-made wire on the top of the Antenna to hang in a window. It can also be used outside and I have been told this antenna is excellent on the outside. The TB-3 is the current antenna for sale. What do have to lose for $30.00?

prcguy

I suspect most of these mystery bits of wire in a PVC tube antennas sold on Ebay are made by people with absolutely no knowledge of antennas. They are not really designed or engineered but cobbled together and tweaked with no test equipment or compared to any standard reference antenna.
prcguy

I own an RF KING TB-3 hanging in my window. This thing works really well for me! Make sure if you order to tell RF KING that you need a BNC, or SMA. Stay with the BNC, you can always grab an adapter if needed. They will also supply you with a pre-made wire on the top of the Antenna to hang in a window. It can also be used outside and I have been told this antenna is excellent on the outside. The TB-3 is the current antenna for sale. What do have to lose for $30.00?

rfking123

Premium Subscriber
I suspect most of these mystery bits of wire in a PVC tube antennas sold on Ebay are made by people with absolutely no knowledge of antennas. They are not really designed or engineered but cobbled together and tweaked with no test equipment or compared to any standard reference antenna.
prcguy

Really? Perhaps, if I may suggest, contact them and ask them if they have the proper test equipment and such, then post back to us. Just a thought.

wheels63

Thats just what I did ordered.I kicked in the extra $3.00 for an 8 foot cable with a BNC .I plan on hanging it right at the top of a window. I`m sure it will be better than what I have for an antenna set up now.("' A radio shack back of the scanner antenna on a wooden pole in the corner of my bedroom).Where I live I can`t put antenna outside,So I`m stuck with what I can do inside.The higher the better.

Tom

rfking123

Premium Subscriber
RF KING TB-3

Thats just what I did ordered.I kicked in the extra $3.00 for an 8 foot cable with a BNC .I plan on hanging it right at the top of a window. I`m sure it will be better than what I have for an antenna set up now.("' A radio shack back of the scanner antenna on a wooden pole in the corner of my bedroom).Where I live I can`t put antenna outside,So I`m stuck with what I can do inside.The higher the better.

Tom

Great! When it is all set up and the scanner running, drop a post to let me/us know how it is doing performance wise - okay? Tell us what frequencies you are monitoring, ie: P25, VHF, UHF etc. and the distances if you can to transmission points. For me, I can get signals 35 miles away from another county.

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
Great! When it is all set up and the scanner running, drop a post to let me/us know how it is doing performance wise - okay? Tell us what frequencies you are monitoring, ie: P25, VHF, UHF etc. and the distances if you can to transmission points. For me, I can get signals 35 miles away from another county.

Since there was a rfking tb 1, rfking tb 2 and rfking tb 3, and your screen name is rfking123, it would seem you might be the creator of the rfking antenna.

Do you have any pics of how this antenna is actually made? I does resemble an off center dipole. I would love something for 460\800 mhz

wheels63

OK,I got the RF King TB-3. I set it up as high as I could in a window.(I`m renting my house and can not put any antenna outside).The first thing I checked was Noaa weather Freqs.Before I could get three.With the RF King TB-3 I`m getting seven.So I would say it is working pretty good.There nothing around me in the 800MHz.
450-460 I`m picking up a lot of talk in a few factories that I never could get before and I hear the taxi mobiles now too.I guess for $19.99+$8.99 shipping I got a good deal.

Tom

wheels63

prcguy

This guy that makes these antenna must know something about antennas.It works real good.I`m getting a lot more on my scanner and thats all I wanted from an antenna.I think for $31.98,I made a great deal.

It works,Thats all I need to know.

Tom

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
This guy that makes these antenna must know something about antennas.It works real good.I`m getting a lot more on my scanner and thats all I wanted from an antenna.I think for $31.98,I made a great deal.

It works,Thats all I need to know.

Tom

Can you post some pics of the construction of this antenna? Do the metal bars run tru the tube? Hard to tell in the pic online.. And how do you actually have it mounted?

wheels63

There s a picture of the antenna on his site.
Home - RF KING SCANNER ANTENNAS
I`v got it mounted on a 36 inch wooden rod about as high up in a corner as I could get it.I would say it`s about 10 feet up. I think if you want to know how it was built.You should contact maker of the antenna.
All I know for sure is it works very good.150MHz-163MHz and 450-470MHz.I have nothing in the 800MHz in my area.

Tom

KevinC

Junior Radio Guru
Super Moderator
Maybe I'm a complete goober, but I don't see any way to order one of these.

Am I missing something obvious???

SCPD

QRT
I may give this a try. I am not happy with the results from my ST-2 and want to see if this is better. Would not be able to get up until spring but it may take me that long to find where to order the thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.