RF shielding paint

AK9R

Lead Wiki Manager and almost an Awesome Moderator
Super Moderator
  • High-quality EMF Shielding Paint for blocking EMF and RF from Cell Towers, Smart Meters, WIFI, Microwave and Bluetooth Devices
  • Easy to apply. Breathable, solvent free, low-odor, low-emission and low VOC. Very effective 37dB (effectiveness of 99.98%) one layer, 44dB (effectiveness of 99.995%) two layers 44dB (effectiveness of 99.995%) two layers
  • Eliminating issue related to RFID scanners in retails stores and malls
  • Perfect solution for data-centers or surveillance free spaces to block and secure RF signal for coming inside and outside the space
  • Eliminate interference in device and instruments such as electrical guitars and electronic equipment
Only $89/quart!

Seriously? They are charging that much for an acrylic binder with some graphite and carbon black mixed in?

prcguy

Premium Subscriber
  • High-quality EMF Shielding Paint for blocking EMF and RF from Cell Towers, Smart Meters, WIFI, Microwave and Bluetooth Devices
  • Easy to apply. Breathable, solvent free, low-odor, low-emission and low VOC. Very effective 37dB (effectiveness of 99.98%) one layer, 44dB (effectiveness of 99.995%) two layers 44dB (effectiveness of 99.995%) two layers
  • Perfect solution for data-centers or surveillance free spaces to block and secure RF signal for coming inside and outside the space
  • Eliminate interference in device and instruments such as electrical guitars and electronic equipment
Only $89/quart!

Seriously? They are charging that much for an acrylic binder with some graphite and carbon black mixed in?

Many years ago there was an aerosol RFI paint that worked really well and it was not that much, maybe $12-$14 a can. I used it on all kinds of plastic cased radios.

kruser

Well Known Member
Premium Subscriber
MG Chemicals Conductive Acrylic Paints also sells aerosol and liquid based RFI/EMI coatings using either Nickel, Silver or Copper for the conductive part.
Their similar RFI/EMI shielding chemicals are also very expensive.
"Super Shield Nickel Conductive Paint" is the name of one product they sell.

mmckenna

I ♥ Ø

Why not? A disguised tinfoil hat goes for $49.00 on Amazon:

Gotta disguise it so friends don't think you are a complete moron.

(the review section is kind of a fun read….)

AK9R

Lead Wiki Manager and almost an Awesome Moderator
Super Moderator
“A fool and his money is soone parted.” Dr. John Bridge, 1587

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
Only $89/quart!

I remember Bill Cheek was the first to my knowledge to use EMF shielding paint on scanner radios. He did a lot of customization of Radio Shack's (GRE) PRO-2004, PRO-2005, PRO-2006 and many others. He would spray the inside of the plastic enclosures with this type of paint and I think it actually helped. I don't recall all the details but it became popular among the more serious scanner enthusiast!

TexTAC

Shielding paint works incredibly well in the pickup cavities of electric guitars especially for single coil pickups. I shielded my Telecaster and Stratocaster and it completely eliminated hum and “scratches”. Of course, it doesn’t take that much paint to shield electric guitar components so the price is reasonable.

Attachments

• image001.jpeg
    image001.jpeg
    130.1 KB · Views: 15

vagrant

ker-muhj-uhn
Premium Subscriber
Time to make and sell tinfoil hardhats!

I still use copper tape on some gear that is plastic. Still, that pesky antenna is like a straw sucking in that RFI.

K4LAU

You Know.... I saw an ad recently for dehydrated water. Just add h2o and you have a full can of water ready to use.
I am in the wrong line of work.

BinaryMode

Shielding paint works incredibly well in the pickup cavities of electric guitars especially for single coil pickups. I shielded my Telecaster and Stratocaster and it completely eliminated hum and “scratches”. Of course, it doesn’t take that much paint to shield electric guitar components so the price is reasonable.

Speaking of... I saw copper tape on eBay that apparently can be used for guitars. So having said that, I suppose copper tape would also do wonders for inside RF shielding of scanners. I actually never thought of that until now. And I knew about RF shielding paint since circa 2008.

TexTAC

Speaking of... I saw copper tape on eBay that apparently can be used for guitars. So having said that, I suppose copper tape would also do wonders for inside RF shielding of scanners. I actually never thought of that until now. And I knew about RF shielding paint since circa 2008.
Haven’t tried copper tape on scanners, but I use it under guitar pickgards and the mounting screw holes to make contact with the shielding paint in the pickup cavities. Works wonders.