Rfinder B1 Dual Band DMR 4G/LTE Vs. Boxchip S900A+

Status
Not open for further replies.

JASII

Memory Capacity
Does anybody here have any experience with the the Rfinder B1 Dual Band DMR 4G/LTE Vs. Boxchip S900A+?

I would like a device that will work on analog or DMR amateur RF frequencies or be able to access DMR talkgroups through the internet. Are these the only two devices like that currently?

alcahuete

Premium Subscriber
I would like a device that will work on analog or DMR amateur RF frequencies or be able to access DMR talkgroups through the internet. Are these the only two devices like that currently?

On their own, I believe they're kinda the only player right now. You can use any radio to access talkgroups through the internet, but you need a hotspot. Convenient for home or perhaps even a vehicle, not so convenient if you are walking around.

Citywide173

Premium Subscriber
I have no hands-on experience, but I have looked at the Rfinder B1. The VHF/UHF interface appears only to be accessible through their proprietary app, and that app looks clunky to me. It doesn't seem like memory channels are easily programmed or accessed. This could be a limitation of the Android OS-a lot of people are so used to just punching in their frequencies that the additional steps are offputting.

N4KVE

A local has the B1. He sometimes helps the importer at hamfests. It sounds horrible. Whenever he’s up in NY, & is on a TG that links back to Florida, his audio is choppy. but if he uses his XPR7550, he sounds great. For the price of that B1, it should sound better than the 7550. I’ll never buy one.

Citywide173

Premium Subscriber
A local has the B1. He sometimes helps the importer at hamfests. It sounds horrible. Whenever he’s up in NY, & is on a TG that links back to Florida, his audio is choppy. but if he uses his XPR7550, he sounds great. For the price of that B1, it should sound better than the 7550. I’ll never buy one.
Is he linking on the VHF/UHF or through an Android app?

N4KVE

Is he linking on the VHF/UHF or through an Android app?
Don’t really know. What I do know is whenever he’s driving in Long Island, NY, in well populated areas with local repeaters, he sounds terrible. It’s not like he’s in the middle of nowhere. But yet his 7550 sounds fine. Sure, it’s convenient if it works properly, but it doesn’t.

Status
Not open for further replies.