RH96 Cat 5 Kit

Status
Not open for further replies.

MFD1272006

I am not sure if this is the right spot for this or where it's suppose to go and i do apologize about that.

Anyone know if there anyone out there that is still making RH96 Cat 5 kits or have any available?. Been trying to look everywhere and have even emailed RPC Electronics. If anyone has information please message me on here or mark.w.rosen@maybrookfd.com

or

If anyone knows a simple way to easily make a good connections from about 50 feet away as the one scanner we are using to remote is from our social room at the firehouse to our communications room.

MFD1272006

Yes the Uniden BC-RH96 remote head. A few people discussed a while back about a cat5 kit that someone made and looking if anyone knew if anybody had extras of those or know a place that sells similar kits as the gent who made the cat5 kits no longer makes them.

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
RPC Electronics sold a kit that would allow you to extend the distance that the remote head could be mounted. It used RJ45 jacks and CAT5 cable.

The remote heads use a standard 1/8" stereo headphone jack at the remote head itself. Go to the Ratshack and pick up an extension cable. That should do the trick for you. Although, on the side of caution, IDK what the max length of cable is for the data that is transferred between the radio itself and the RH96.

mrkelso

Yes the Uniden BC-RH96 remote head. A few people discussed a while back about a cat5 kit that someone made and looking if anyone knew if anybody had extras of those or know a place that sells similar kits as the gent who made the cat5 kits no longer makes them.

I remember those, they were great. I think he stopped making them because he didn't want to deal with the impatient customers any more.

Status
Not open for further replies.