RIC airport has rebanded

Status
Not open for further replies.

n4jri

Premium Subscriber
Went by RIC today to see if Barack's 'change' plane was parked there. No joy, BTW. Also noticed silence from the airport trunk.

New CC is 853.05, and one of the voice channels is 852.275 (WACN of 3E3 showed up). This represents a drop of exactly 15 MHz from two of the former frequencies, which I think were the most used control and voice freqs respectively.

I fed in the new CC and watched the wildcard. Familiar TG ID's were displayed, but only flickering when the radio looked for a voice signal. It appeared that the radio tuned to 854.1375 when seeking to hear voice traffic possibly on 852.275. I take this to mean that rebanding is complete including the new Moto channel #'s.

I'm going to reprogram the PSR-500 with whatever tables I can find for rebanding, but someone with Unitrunkier, etc. might want to check this new CC just in case there's something 'unique' to watch out for.

Will report back once I get some sort of result.

Edit - Richard Rowland looked up the license, and found that the frequencies are 851.4875, 852.275, 852.575, 852.7625, 853.05 and 853.15--an exact 15 MHz-down match for the old frequencies.

73/Allen (N4JRI)

Last edited:

fmon

Silent Key Jan. 14, 2012
Nice catch Allen.

Try the first table in this Wayne_H thread for the Pro-96/2096.

Went by RIC today to see if Barack's 'change' plane was parked there. No joy, BTW. Also noticed silence from the airport trunk.

New CC is 853.05, and one of the voice channels is 852.275 (WACN of 3E3 showed up). This represents a drop of exactly 15 MHz from two of the former frequencies, which I think were the most used control and voice freqs respectively.

I fed in the new CC and watched the wildcard. Familiar TG ID's were displayed, but only flickering when the radio looked for a voice signal. It appeared that the radio tuned to 854.1375 when seeking to hear voice traffic possibly on 852.275. I take this to mean that rebanding is complete including the new Moto channel #'s.

I'm going to reprogram the PSR-500 with whatever tables I can find for rebanding, but someone with Unitrunkier, etc. might want to check this new CC just in case there's something 'unique' to watch out for.

Will report back once I get some sort of result.

Edit - Richard Rowland looked up the license, and found that the frequencies are 851.4875, 852.275, 852.575, 852.7625, 853.05 and 853.15--an exact 15 MHz-down match for the old frequencies.

73/Allen (N4JRI)

Stick0413

Premium Subscriber
I have spotty reception of the RIC system here in Hopewell but I will try the rebanded CCs with Wayne's suggested table and see what I get.

n4jri

Premium Subscriber
Success! Wayne's table worked fine. The scanner tracked the trunk on its own, and then I set it on the Wildcard and every TG displayed produced voice. Now I guess I'll set up a just-in-case V-file for whenever the supersystem, or Hopewell decides to drop the bomb. Being a small, onsite system probably made RIC a prime candidate to go now. I wonder if Riverside RJ will do the same shortly?

73/Allen (N4JRI)

Last edited:

Stick0413

Premium Subscriber
I don't think Hopewell is going to have to reband. Since their highest freq is 858.96250 falls within the rebanded limit (nothing above 860). I have read before if a system does not have freqs that have to move then the system doesn't have to be rebanded (they can if the choose but don't have to). Riverside will have to since they do have 1 freq above 860.

n4jri

Premium Subscriber
One thing that should be very interesting will be to see if non-rebanded radios who have a zone with access to another agency can still communicate after one rebands and the other doesn't. If Riverside has only one freq to reband, it may want to hang on to its current radios & programming, and just trade the one freq. This'll be an interesting situation as we decide whether to change the defaults in the PSR-500/600 and BC396/996, or just use custom tables.

73/Allen (N4JRI)

Status
Not open for further replies.