Rice County Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jimbnks

Premium Subscriber
I recently move to Rice county Kansas form the DFW area being a retired Police officer I dusted off my old Pro 2030 Scanner and begin to listen again.

Looks like I get everything Public Safety wise in Rice County but KHP

I have few question for anyone in the area.

As for listen in Rice county is having KHP really needed or is there that much traffic worth listen to in this area?

Is there any plans anytime soon that Rice county will be move to the new system going in state system that I have been reading about? If so what scanner would you all recommend I get?

R

retiredmich

If you get a digital scanner, you will be able to listen to every thing, digital & analog.

n0lqt

Rice county is currently analog VHF-hi narrow-band. Surrounding counties are mostly analog VHF and UHF also. The exceptions are McPherson and Reno counties. McPherson is 800 Mhz EDACS (city uses Pro-Voice I believe). Reno County is part of the statewide KSICS P-25 system. Look for more counties to migrate to the KSICS system in coming years. Since "narrow-banding" a LOT of agencies have become disenchanted with their analog systems. They are experiencing interference, range reduction, and increased noise.

KHP in Rice County is Troop F, region 2. They are entirely on KSICS although many/most troopers do have local analog radios also I believe.

All that being said, I would start saving the pennies for a new digital scanner. I'm a long time Radio Shack devotee (I too am a retired cop, but I also worked for the Shack part-time for 20 years) I currently have three P-25 RS scanners. I haven't really looked at the new Pro-651 (made by Whistler for RS) but its spec seem pretty close to my GRE made RS Pro-106. That has been an excellent radio for me over the last several years.

R

retiredmich

If you are in the market for a digital scanner, try going on EBAY & bid on a scanner, I got a RS PRO 106 for $ 200. Just be carful on bidding.

Jimbnks

Premium Subscriber
Awesome!!!

Thank you all for the information. It seems just like yesterday all you have was find the tac channel to hear it all.

" Happy Listen Everyone"

Jimbnks

Premium Subscriber
I decided to get me the Home Patrol 1. I am really loving the new stuff I can get now. Thank you for all the advise.

Now I got some good information. I found out that Rice Co is looking at all there option however will review everything in early 2015.

I also discovered that one of the frequency list for Rice County is reversed how do I report it to get it corrected?

Redneck0410

Feed Provider
I decided to get me the Home Patrol 1. I am really loving the new stuff I can get now. Thank you for all the advise.

Now I got some good information. I found out that Rice Co is looking at all there option however will review everything in early 2015.

I also discovered that one of the frequency list for Rice County is reversed how do I report it to get it corrected?
If you hadn't already done this, when you go to the Rice County DB page Rice County, Kansas (KS) Scanner Frequencies and Radio Frequency Reference (Links in blue) you'll want to click on the "Submit" tab then follow the pull-down menus to update what information needs to be updated.

Hope this helps you.
-Shawn

Status
Not open for further replies.