Richard Bland College Campus PD

Status
Not open for further replies.

MOTORHEAD3902

Ok, folks in the Tri-Cities area,

Anyone catch the newest PD established in the area? Richard Bland College now has a campus pd with the addition of the two new dorms. A cursory check shows the college to be licensed on 464.6625. I have caught some tfc there w a pl of 131.8, but am uncertain as to this being the PD channel or not.

Anybody hear anything about this one?

BA :cool:

Stick0413

Premium Subscriber
I'll program in the 464.6625 later and see what I get. One thing I do wonder is what they will do about interop. From my understanding before their PD one part was Prince George (so PGPD) one was Dinwiddie so (DCSO) and yet another was Petersburg (PPD). All 3 operate on 3 different bands and 3 different systems, PGPD is on conventional analog UHF, DCSO on conventional VHF P25 , and Petersburg on their 800 P25 Trunk system. If their is ever a serious issue (and not talking something like VA Tech, just anything halfway serious) there it is likely that all 3 of the above agencies would respond. It could very quickly become a big mess with interop (or lack thereof).

tglendye

Blue Ridge Mountains, Shenandoah River
Premium Subscriber
... From my understanding before their PD one part was Prince George (so PGPD) one was Dinwiddie so (DCSO) and yet another was Petersburg (PPD)...

I'm not very familiar with this school, but I am confused how it could be served by the two County agencies. I can see the City PD and County PD/SO when it falls into their jurisdiction, but can't fathom it being served by two Counties. Is the campus that spread out? :eek: I'm just curious and a (very) quick internet search didn't answer any questions.

It does seem like it could be a very confusing radio/ mutual-aid "CF", indeed.

Todd

MOTORHEAD3902

Yeah, it DOES seem kinda jacked-up, but the Dinwiddie/Prince George line here is delineated by Johnson Rd. Half of the campus is on one side of Johnson rd, half is on the other. I know the campus PD has access to PGPD direct (one of the dispatchers there advised this over the air last weekend), but I must wonder if the same is true for Dinwiddie?
At any rate, the cars are handsome: white with deep green lettering and LED bars on the roof.

W4UVV

Interop comms

I'll program in the 464.6625 later and see what I get. One thing I do wonder is what they will do about interop. From my understanding before their PD one part was Prince George (so PGPD) one was Dinwiddie so (DCSO) and yet another was Petersburg (PPD). All 3 operate on 3 different bands and 3 different systems, PGPD is on conventional analog UHF, DCSO on conventional VHF P25 , and Petersburg on their 800 P25 Trunk system. If their is ever a serious issue (and not talking something like VA Tech, just anything halfway serious) there it is likely that all 3 of the above agencies would respond. It could very quickly become a big mess with interop (or lack thereof).

It's called a telephone.

resqpig

Just as a comparison....UVA and University of Richmond have very similar situations with at least two jurisdictions on one campus.

trainman111

That's true, but for UR, Henrico and the City of Richmond are on the same TRS so there is very little, if any, interop. problems. I'm not sure what UVA's situatuion is though.

xstr

RBC Police

While I am not sure of the Richard Bland Police at this time, Prince George County was patching them on their OPS 2 channel. Has anyone confirmed the frequency?

MOTORHEAD3902

The 464.6625 frequency mentioned earlier in this thread is RBC's main dispatch frequency. PG has it in their dispatch console and acts as their dispatching agency for driver's license checks and so forth. When the campus PD is on an incident that would dictate PGPD involvement, like last night's RBC-PD unit in pursuit/non-pursuit into the county, PGPD dispatch does indeed patch, per the dispatch center announcing same, the 464 freq onto OPS2 so the county units can be in the loop, as they dont have the RBCPD channel in their radios.

W4UVV

Interesting

The 464.6625 frequency mentioned earlier in this thread is RBC's main dispatch frequency. PG has it in their dispatch console and acts as their dispatching agency for driver's license checks and so forth. When the campus PD is on an incident that would dictate PGPD involvement, like last night's RBC-PD unit in pursuit/non-pursuit into the county, PGPD dispatch does indeed patch, per the dispatch center announcing same, the 464 freq onto OPS2 so the county units can be in the loop, as they dont have the RBCPD channel in their radios.

It appears my dispatcher friend failed to discuss any RBC manual patching in a previous conversation on the RBC subject. The focus was his curiosity(later satisfied) as how RBC "automatically" appeared as a mutual aid user on the PG system. I will revisit the subject with him.

Status
Not open for further replies.