richland county help

Status
Not open for further replies.

HAYESP89

I have attempted a couple times to upload the p25 system (richland county) to my 996p2. Nothing is coming over. when I hold on any channels it says "finding central freq" ? I am trying to use it for Columbia Fire. any help would be great!!

Caesar

Premium Subscriber
I have attempted a couple times to upload the p25 system (richland county) to my 996p2. Nothing is coming over. when I hold on any channels it says "finding central freq" ? I am trying to use it for Columbia Fire. any help would be great!!
What side of town are you on? If you are with in Richland county the only Frequency you should need to input is 860.3375. If you are in Lexington, Harbison, or elsewhere you might need to use a different Control Frequency.

HAYESP89

What side of town are you on? If you are with in Richland county the only Frequency you should need to input is 860.3375. If you are in Lexington, Harbison, or elsewhere you might need to use a different Control Frequency.
I’m on the Ballentine side. I’m using free scan to program my scanner. When I program, I use “Richland county simulcast” as my site and then Richland county in the next box. Click import to free scan and up load to my scanner. But nothing comes over. Am I doing something wrong as far as programming ?

holsen

The Richland simulcast is a tough cookie for any scanner, especially where you are. Only my Unication G4 can handle it from Ballentine. You are far better off working off the Harbison tower, which is not part of the simulcast but a stand alone that carries a lot of Richland traffic, including Cola FD. The control channel for it is 856.4875. You will be much happier with that! Hope this helps!

holsen

There is also a stand alone site in Prosperity called Little Mountain that carries some Richland and Newberry traffic. But Harbison is a little stronger for your area unless you are above Chapin.

tvengr

Well Known Member
Try this file. Save the attached zipped file to your computer and extract. Open the extracted file with FreeSCAN and Upload Programming. Quick keys as follows:

Richland Co SC
SYSTEM QUICK KEYS:
1. Palm800 Richland (Site)
2. Palm800 Harbison (Site)
GROUP QUICK KEYS:
1. Richland Co EMS
2. RichCo Hospitals
3. RichCo Emerg Ops
4. Richland Co PD
5. Columbia Fire
6. Columbia Police
7. Richland Co DPW
8. Highway Patrol
9. SC Interop

Attachments

• Richland Co SC.zip
    2.6 KB · Views: 9

HAYESP89

Up and running! The file in the thread from tvengr worked perfect! I bought a snoop antenna which helped a lot with my range as well. Thank you all for the help!

Status
Not open for further replies.