Richland County sheriff

Status
Not open for further replies.
W

W4ZMJ

She say anything bout cpd going encrypted they sure want to get rid of those XTS radios

mrat1234

All she said was thier getting secure channels. So they could just encrypt tac channels

W

W4ZMJ

Well that makes sense dispatch channels don't need to be encrypted I don't care what anybody says you can always dispatch a call and have the responding officer respond own a encrypted Channel my 2 cents hope none of the municipal Police encrypt or anything in Lexington or fire or EMS

AK9R

Lead Wiki Manager and almost an Awesome Moderator
Super Moderator
Folks, just a reminder that it's OK to discuss encryption being applied to public safety channels. Scanner listeners want to know what's going on and public safety officials are weighing safety and legal issues.

However, should the conversation veer into opinions about the relationship between encryption, live feeds, and scanner apps, we ask that you take it to this thread: https://forums.radioreference.com/t...s-scanners-and-wait-for-it-encryption.224104/

W

W4ZMJ

ok well I will drop the issue it is what it is nothing we can do if they decide to use the big E like beating a dead horse

Status
Not open for further replies.