Richmond county ga

Status
Not open for further replies.

gmbender2019

I heard today that the county is building their own p25 encrepted phase 2 system due to go online in nov.....can anyone confirm or deny this info??????

DanRollman

Database Admin

Attachments

• LMRS_10_Year_TCO_V830.pdf
    170.4 KB · Views: 38
Last edited:

gman4661

From my previous posts:

Notice Type : Legal Notice
Posting Date : 12/19/2017

Motorola Solutions is seeking qualified Local Small Business firms in Augusta-Richmond County for sub-contractor work in regards to Augusta-Richmond County RFP #18-120 800 MHz Radio System and the Local Small Business Opportunity Program (LSBOP) requirements contained therein. Specifically, we are seeking firms to provide goods and services in the following areas of scope: hauling, land clearing and grading, excavating, chain-link fencing, concrete and electrical work. Interested and qualified firms please contact: Mr. Clay Whitehead, via phone (678) 591-1606 or email, clay.whitehead1@motorolasolutions.com Dec. 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 2017 Ad# 17246133

The following is from one of my posts in 2015:

"Now that the voters in Richmond Co. have approved the SPLOST, I predict:

1. Motorola, of course. Not sure about other departments, but I believe the fire and sheriff's departments have been 100% Motorola since the 1980s. The sheriff did have some General Electric mobiles in the 1970s.

2. Encrypted.

3. No sharing of the new (and adjacent) Columbia Co. system which I believe has 5 sites. I would love to see a coverage map of that system as I suspect it encompasses a significant chunk of Richmond Co.

4. Zero interoperability with other jurisdictions.

Seems like I read that the new radio system would cost a mere $16 million dollars."

shajoe44

After the county gets thru paying for the virus and other bad decisions on some projects they may not have any money left for any type radio system other than the one they are using now. Richmond County is a very poorly run county compared to it's neighbor Columbia County and Aiken County.

gman4661

Augusta to unveil new public safety radio tower

AUGUSTA, Ga. (WRDW/WAGT) - Augusta’s new public safety radio tower site will be unveiled Wednesday, and you’re invited.

City leaders will be there as the radio system goes live for the first time.

Officials say the new system will improve communications between public safety agencies in Richmond County so they can serve the community better.

The ceremony starts at noon on Hale Street. Officials say wear a face covering and keep your distance.

IMO, if the County decides to go with full time encryption, like Columbia and McDuffie Counties, the divide between law enforcement and the community will increase. With the cries of defund the police, and the bad publicity law enforcement agencies have been getting lately, the community will become less trustful of their local, and State, officers.
Many of us, as evidenced by the popularity of this website, love to know what happens in their community by listening to a scanner. Media doesn't always report the full facts or, they report opinion. As a scanner listener, I have the full opportunity to listen to what's transpiring and get the unfiltered info.

If a government entity uses full time encryption, that indicates to me that they don't trust the citizens they serve. I don't believe the commonly used phrase, "It's for officer safety". Encryption can be used selectively or, use cell phones if nothing else. If my government doesn't trust me, why should I trust them?

That article was published on Oct. 27, it's Nov. 18 and the Palmetto system is up and running

mrat1234

Im not that good at looking over FCC licenses but I believe I have come across a current license for the McBean Site that is for the new county system. The FCC website has a pending applications and has 6 sites for a 6 site simulcast. Like I said this could be a new license for their new system or the current McBean site is actually a Richmond County Simulcast site instead of a standalone site like it is currently listed as. If the McBean site is actually a simulcast site with 6 sites the Augusta and Blythe sites must be for additional capacity and coverage. Looking over the License again it appears they converted the McBean site into a Richmond County Simulcast site with 6 subsites.

*Since system is both SC and GA with post in both states*

shajoe44

It is the supposedly the "new" system that Richmond County will be going to. It has no affiliation with the present Palmetto 800 system they are now using. It has been transmitting ever since November but only recently has there been activity on it. It is presently transmitting a Phase 2, with encrypted talkgroups. So far I have found 4 being used. But of course since it is encrypted no way of knowing who is using the new system. It is probably not RCSO since they are still using Palmetto 800. I have not submitted the information for the new system yet, since it has only recently begun being used. I did catch a few talkgroups on the day it was presented to the public with a BIG news media coverage and the talkgroups I found were not encrypted and were not even close to the numbers I am receiving now.

mrat1234

When are you going to submit the system? No rush just curios. And thanks for the info.

Status
Not open for further replies.