Richmond County

Status
Not open for further replies.

RF-Burns

Does Richmond County use a repeater for dispatch? The database shows no repeater but multiple other repeaters are shown for fire departments. Also, does anyone know are there any fireground channels? Nothing is listed.

KN4HTC

I looks like their dispatch frequency does use a repeater. While it's not listed in the database, a search of the fcc liscenses for Richmond county turns up WQCE948. It has 453.4875 (the listed dispatch frequency) and 458.4875 listesed as a repeater pair with 453.4875 as the output and 458.4875 as the input. It also looks like they are license to use the repeater output as a talkaround channel as well. Theres also 453.3125/458.3125 (also with a talkaround setup. That could be a fireground/ops channel.

KN4HTC

I believe Richmond County is primary on Viper, and they have some 700mhz fireground channels.

That is a possibility but I am not seeing a ton of talkgroups listed for Richmond county in the VIPER database and Richmond county does not have any 700mhz frequecies that are licensed to them.

BigLebowski

Premium Subscriber
That is a possibility but I am not seeing a ton of talkgroups listed for Richmond county in the VIPER database and Richmond county does not have any 700mhz frequecies that are licensed to them.

Have you tried listening to Viper down there? Just because its not in the database doesn't mean it's not there. The state also has a pool of 700 conventional frequencies that all counties use.

I'm not saying they aren't still using UHF as well, but I know at least Law was on Viper.

Back in the day Fire was on low band and UHF, and had at least 3 UHF Ops repeaters. Some of the FD's had their own UHF repeaters as well. Hoffman VFD comes to mind.

trumpetman

Database Admin
Lebowski is correct. 453.4875 is the dispatch channel called Ops 1. There are a handful of other repeaters called ops 2, 3, & 4 along with a few private repeaters just for indovidual fire department use. Law is 100% on VIPER. Hamlet and Rockingham have their own dispatch freqs and tend to stay on those. County EMS/Rescue is on VHF, they talk most of the time. It's not uncommon to go hours without hearing traffic on the UHF Ops 1.

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber

@KN4HTC please remember the database is populated by listeners in the area, there are probably hundreds of VIPER TGs not in the database, likewise there are probably a lot of VHF/UHF freqs not listed. I would recommend, as @BigLebowski asked, that you listen to the viper towers and start putting together a list, and once you verify the users submit them to the database.

KN4HTC

Have you tried listening to Viper down there? Just because its not in the database doesn't mean it's not there. The state also has a pool of 700 conventional frequencies that all counties use.

I'm not saying they aren't still using UHF as well, but I know at least Law was on Viper.

Back in the day Fire was on low band and UHF, and had at least 3 UHF Ops repeaters. Some of the FD's had their own UHF repeaters as well. Hoffman VFD comes to mind.

I’m about a good hour and a half/hour and forty five minutes away so I’ve just got to go off of license info unfortunately.

Status
Not open for further replies.