Richmond CSD - question

n8yid

Premium Subscriber
Was doing a little business in the Richmond / Wayne County area yesterday....

Had 464.8750 (Pl 141.3) come up active on the 436; however, USERS were using Encryption....

I see Richmond CSD is licensed for use on 464.8750 with a callsign of WPJL779.... (Side Note: that license just expired in July of this year...)

Anyone have any further to verify that Richmond CSD is the user here...?

n8yid

Premium Subscriber
Not sure how you are wording your SEARCH at the FCC ULS; that may have a bearing on the return.....

check out by inputting the license WPJL779....

west-pac

Not sure how you are wording your SEARCH at the FCC ULS; that may have a bearing on the return.....

check out by inputting the license WPJL779....

Ah.. that's why it didn't return.... it's expired, like you said.

I'll plug that freq into a scanner and see if I can hear anything. Although, if it's a 15-watt output on that repeater I doubt I'll hear it.

n8yid

Premium Subscriber
Ah.. that's why it didn't return.... it's expired, like you said.

I'll plug that freq into a scanner and see if I can hear anything. Although, if it's a 15-watt output on that repeater I doubt I'll hear it.

Yes, it was a little scratchy when I copied traffic from it, and I was almost downtown; just to the East....

If you could copy it from your location; let me know your thoughts on what you think about it...

Thanks again

celestis

Was doing a little business in the Richmond / Wayne County area yesterday....

Had 464.8750 (Pl 141.3) come up active on the 436; however, USERS were using Encryption....

I see Richmond CSD is licensed for use on 464.8750 with a callsign of WPJL779.... (Side Note: that license just expired in July of this year...)

Anyone have any further to verify that Richmond CSD is the user here...?

Whatever yo-ho working in their IT department tried to renew their expired licenses (there's a couple others) and the FCC told them to pound sand

n8yid

Premium Subscriber
Looks like this entity has re-manifested itself with a new FCC callsign of WRQL997....

Nice and clear on the East side of town; still encrypted.... and using a PL tone of 141.3