Richmond Regional System programming....

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoxAlarm187

Level 6 RR Member (Since 1998)
Premium Subscriber
Hey folks out there in radioland...

I was curious how those of you in the Richmond area have your 800MHz regional system programmed? I feel like I could be getting better performance from my mobile 996, and wonder if my programming has anything to do with it. I've experimented with different hardware changes, and thought that I might attempt some programming changes too.

Right now, I've got it set as CC only with each jurisdiction's CC's in one QK. Furthermore, I've got the TG's I want to listen to in one SQK each. Anyone have any other suggestions?

Always looking to improve! :D

trainman111

Premium Subscriber
I've got my PRO-96 set to CC mode. I have each entity (Henrico, Chesterfield etc.) in one bank. If I scan the Chesterfield bank, I have it set up so that I only monitor Chesterfield TG's. That ways it's easy for me to focus on a certain area if there is a major incident occuring.

shumadine

I have mine set up kind of like Trainman for my Pro2096. I have one bank for Henrico Police, one for Henrico Fire & EMS, one for Richmond Police, one for Richmond Fire & EMS. I have the Richmond Fire Dispatch talkgroups programmed into the Henrico Fire/EMS bank though, so in case I hear something big, I can turn on the Richmond Fire bank. I always have on the Henrico banks, and only occasionally do I turn on the Richmond banks. I have plenty to listen to between Henrico and STARS plus the random VHF stuff, so that's why I turn on the City of Richmond banks only rarely. Having said that, there's been a lot of good covert Richmond police action on after 9PM recently.

hfd376

Premium Subscriber
I have both the 396 and 996 programmed with just the control channels in a "quick key" for each jurisdiction, with group keys for fire pd and p/f tacs. Next time I see you, ask for a demo!
Doug

BoxAlarm187

Level 6 RR Member (Since 1998)
Premium Subscriber
Doug, thanks. We'll be sure to talk scanners next time we also talk fire trucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.