Richmond Tower

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigbluemsp

Has anyone noticed that the trasmissions comming from the Richmond Tower are hit and miss on the choppy side today?

bigbluemsp said:
Has anyone noticed that the trasmissions comming from the Richmond Tower are hit and miss on the choppy side today?

oh heck ya. Awful this afternoon. Here a few words and cut out. I thought my antenna or scanner was toast.

bigbluemsp

newbie said:
oh heck ya. Awful this afternoon. Here a few words and cut out. I thought my antenna or scanner was toast.

Me and another member here were saying the same thing.

I am picking up complete radio transmissions from Mt. Clemens and other towers but on the Richmond tower its choppy and distorted

bigbluemsp said:

I am picking up complete radio transmissions from Mt. Clemens and other towers but on the Richmond tower its choppy and distorted

Wonder if it is storm damage. Thought I heard a tech complaing. Hooked up one of my other scanners to rule out my antenna.
Romeo comes in clear too.

firephotographer50

Premium Subscriber
bigbluemsp said:

Thanks bigblue for helping me earlier. Last night and today I had some programming problems with my scanner (my fault), but I just got things straightened out. As of right now (8:33 pm July 18) the Richmond tower is comming in very clear. Just heard some of the shift change and check-ins from the MSP and everything sounded good.

Thunderbolt

Global Database Administrator
I noticed the Northville tower was having similar issues. In fact, it was so bad the other day that Plymouth City & Twp. PDs, went back to their conventional repeater until the problems can be cleared up. Apparently, they were missing complete transmissions from their units and the dispatch center.

73's

Ron

rcvmo

Well, as long as the weather holds true and the conditions, I noticed on my 800 MHz system today the same problem, yet the scanner in the Comms shack was just going wild on lo-band 30-50 MHz. On search, there wasn't one time the scanner would go a couple MHz without stopping on something from a couple hundred miles out.
When lo-band skip peaks, our 800 MHz system is weak. It's just the nature of the beast, no matter how many towers you have to cover.
rcvmo

Status
Not open for further replies.