richwagner20@aol.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

richwagner20

as iam ex detroiter mich as i use to live there and now iam in fort walton beach fla as why is these ra
dioreference links to detroit areas live scanners as there audio sound is to low and they are very dis
troted and a lot of static as it sounds like re winding play back recording as they are hard to underst
and there dispatch and car talking

rdale

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Premium Subscriber
I'm not sure I understand all of your post, but Detroit is a digital system so there are times when the signal will "go digital" on a scanner.

RadioWARE

as iam ex detroiter mich as i use to live there and now iam in fort walton beach fla as why is these ra
dioreference links to detroit areas live scanners as there audio sound is to low and they are very dis
troted and a lot of static as it sounds like re winding play back recording as they are hard to underst
and there dispatch and car talking

Awaiting translation, anyone???

canav844

Have the link or the county>agency for us to check to see if we can duplicate this?

In simple terms P25 digital voice takes the analog input makes it digital and compresses it, then send it to a repeater where it is transmitted across the radio network, and it's this transmission that makes it to a scanner receives most of the 1s and 0s and then this scanner decompresses it and then it gets sent to a computer where it's re-compressed, and transmitted over the internet through RR to your computer that decompresses it one last time. All of this compressing and decompressing and transmitting you tend to lose some of the information which can distort the sound.

Status
Not open for further replies.