• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

RICK crossband with CDM750 and maxtrac settings bi-directional

Status
Not open for further replies.

wcu02mpa

So I am trying to set up a RICK crossband repeater (experimental only) with a lowband 29-36 MHz maxtrac and a VHF CDM750 (I have done this set-up before when the band is open and it works). I am quite proficient at setting up each of these in a RICK set-up with the same type of radios. i.e. Maxtrac-maxtrac and CDM-CDM. This is the first time I have tried to mix them. The maxtrac is set as RX radio and CDM is set as TX. Both of them work fine when paired with another similar radio so that works. Can someone guide me on how to properly mix these?

wcu02mpa

Actually, no the manual isn't clear. You show me in the factory RICK manual where it mentions WARIS series radios. I can't seem to locate that page. The manual states nothing about combining the two radios.

jeepsandradios

Feed Provider
The manual was written for the maxtrac. If the pins are programmed as the maxtrac any CDM, M1225, CM200, PM400 will work with the RICK. There are 5 basic pins you need from any radio. PTT, Mic Audio, Discriminator Audio and COR and Ground. The CDM series supports all these pins. Pin numbers are the same on all the radios. If the radio is programmed correctly it will work fine.

wcu02mpa

Got it. The maxtrac setting for RX are as the RICK manual states. The TX CDM setting are Pin-3: External mic PTT, Pin-8" PL and CSQ detect.

The crossband repeater is alive and well. Thanks.....

cmdrwill

The R.I.C.K. was replaced a looong time ago. By the little box between the two radios.

Attachments

• rptrrk.jpg
    rptrrk.jpg
    6.3 KB · Views: 27

wcu02mpa

Only reason I am even using a RICK is a got a surplus of them a few years ago at a Hamfest.

I will bite.....what is that?

Status
Not open for further replies.