ridding high now with Antenna Craft ST2

Status
Not open for further replies.

tcb4ep

hey everybody, i got my first real antenna up on the house today..its really opened up more of the scanner world to me, glad to get rid of my home made rig, the reach is around 45-50 miles!!! this was figured out by listening to the airport.,. i loved it,.,. thanks to all my new friends!!!

Don_Burke

tcb4ep said:
hey everybody, i got my first real antenna up on the house today..its really opened up more of the scanner world to me, glad to get rid of my home made rig, the reach is around 45-50 miles!!! this was figured out by listening to the airport.,. i loved it,.,. thanks to all my new friends!!!
Congrats on the upgrade.

It always impresses me how a rather small improvement in an antenna system can make a dramatic improvement in radio performance.

One of the big things you need to watch for is water intrusion. That takes many systems down.

tcb4ep

so the higher, bigger and better metal the more respect ya get?? those who downed my antenna, what did you start with?

KC0QNB

I am glad you like it and it works, next question, is it grounded properly? This is actually a real important question.
What did I start with, 40 years ago? a home made dipole fed with 300 ohm twin lead, you couldn't buy a "scanner antenna" back then at least not in my hometown, and we didn't have scanners either, they didn't exist, at least at a price you could afford. ;)

KT4HX

Premium Subscriber
Congrats on the new antenna. Doesn't matter how expensive or how many bells and whistles a radio may have if you have a lousy antenna. If you can't get the signal to the radio, you have a very expensive paperweight. Glad it has renewed your interest. Sure is a lot more fun when you can hear new stuff isn't it?

tcb4ep

re grounded right?

I am glad you like it and it works, next question, is it grounded properly? This is actually a real important question.
What did I start with, 40 years ago? a home made dipole fed with 300 ohm twin lead, you couldn't buy a "scanner antenna" back then at least not in my hometown, and we didn't have scanners either, they didn't exist, at least at a price you could afford. ;)

its grounded to the house where the dish guy made his.

mnvettech

Question about my antenna

Hey all,

I live in St Paul,Mn.I have a AntennaCraft ST2 Scanner Antenna roofmounted with rg6 coax connected to a BCD996T. My question/concern is reception, It does not seem like I am getting that great of reception, Should I go with a dipole?

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.