RIKER ISLAND JAIL CPOMPLEX

Status
Not open for further replies.

k9great

A newbie from New York City , Old Brooklyn boy . can anyone help me figure out how to get a scanner that can pick up RIKER ISLAND JAIL CPOMPLEX ? I FREQ# 471,2625 A QUEENS JAIL , I CANT PICK IT UP freq FROM Brooklyn NY 11219,:unsure:

ScubaJungle

This is not the place to ask, try posting in new york forum or even general scanning forum.

With that said, NYC is on UHF, so many scanners can listen. I would look into a BCD436HP or BCD996P, although there are cheaper models you can get that would work.

KevinC

Big Dog...celebrating 10 years of abuse!
Super Moderator
Moved to NY forum.

n2nov

The frequencies are in the NYC section of the RadioReference database. However, even the repeater frequencies listed are low power and you would have to be near by to hear it. You would have to be even closer for the simplex frequencies.

Ant9270

The Green Weenie
Listen to the DOC Transportation talkgroup (oc0) on the UHF DoITT system. Some activity there. Of course, that is also reliant on if your scanner is Trunking capable or not.

ansky

The frequencies are in the NYC section of the RadioReference database. However, even the repeater frequencies listed are low power and you would have to be near by to hear it. You would have to be even closer for the simplex frequencies.

I can pick them up in Jersey. It's scratchy but listenable.

Status
Not open for further replies.