Riley County P25

Status
Not open for further replies.

fire512

Premium Subscriber
There are talks ongoing at state and federal levels. Between KSU and Fort Riley there will be interoperability one way or another.

fire512

Premium Subscriber
After talking with one of our mutual aid agencies, tie in to their new system will be a higher priority than the state. We will have co-located equipment in several sites.

jim202

I did read up on Harris BE-ON and the Motorola Critical Connect last night and it looks as though both have very similar technology available.

If your interested in radio interoperability gateways, you might take a look at what a company called Sytech Corp from Alexandria Virginia has.

They build a software controlled gateway that works well with an IP connection with other of their gateways. There is no changing of cards in the gateway to change type of radio connections. Just a cable that goes between the gateway and what ever radio you want to connect. Then go into the software to set up the connection, audio gains and if any audio delay is needed from the key up and releasing the audio to go out over the connection.

They have cables made for most of the commercial radios in use today. If not, then they will design one up and add the software to the gateway to use it. Some radios may need to have a feature turned on to provide remote PTT and audio available at the accessory connector. This generally can be done with the normal radio programming software.

Some select radios may even be able to remotely change frequency and zones that are already programmed into the radio from the dispatch computer or any other computer that has been given remote IP access. This allows the remote radio to be steered to the needed channel for interoperability activity as required by the on going activity. Like you would be able to connect the remote radio to another radio like a VHF, UHF, or trunking radio as needed. This can also be done via the IP connection to another gateway at a different site on the IP connection and select a radio and channel or talk group at the second site.

Jim

Last edited:

SKINNY1

I looked at the FCC Data base for RCPD's new radio system license but couldn't find anything. Anybody know what the new trunking freqs will be?

SKINNY1

Riley County's new trunking system was supposed to be up and running June 1st. I think it has been delayed a couple of months.

SKINNY1

Guess I'll have to add them to my scanner and see if I can pick them up here in Lawrence. I pick up Wabaunsee County here.

Status
Not open for further replies.