Riley County P25

Status
Not open for further replies.

enduser56

Skinny, Mark or anyone, does any of this look halfway correct? The shots below are an attempt at programming the 9 Riley talk group ID's (I think that is what they are?) I locked out the buses and transit TGID's. That leaves 4 that I want, 4309, 4310, 4311 and 4312. They are what I found on RR but have no clue if they are really valid or current. I then keyed in the seven trunk freqs including what I think is the control freq of 851.0375 into the trunk freq panel. I then keyed them into another panel, the APCO band plan. I don't even know if that was necessary. Just making any attempt I can at trying to hear RCPD. The thought occurred to me that maybe they just went P25 digital and didn't add encryption? Thanks for any comments or suggestions in advance. Running the BCD996t.

riley1.PNG

riley2.PNG
riley3.PNG

riley4.PNG

enduser56

Skinny1 or anyone,
Where on RR did you find these trunking freqs for RCPD? I can't seem to locate them. Thanks!

nd5y

This system is NOT in the RR DB because nobody has submitted it yet.
The frequencies came from the FCC licenses & applications that were posted earlier this year.

PVPD730

Premium Subscriber
Has anyone had any luck listening to anything on the new system?

Per the live feed provider in that area, Riley County has switched to full encryption. If that's the case, it will be nearly impossible get talkgroup info (just frequencies/control channels only).

PVPD730

Premium Subscriber
Unitrunker or Pro96Com will display all talkgroup activity and radio IDs regardless of encryption.

True, though it won't be possible to identify which agencies are using a particular talkgroup unless someone has inside knowledge. Not much is known right now beyond the control channels. I guess the database admins could start there and create a system profile if they chose to.

Fireattack484

Feed Provider
Ive been told by a member of the department that all Manhattan Fire operations talk groups are encrypted. The initial alarm dispatch will be in the clear. The talk group name that is in the clear is COMTAC. There will be an official Broadcastify feed of this TG provided by the dept.

enduser56

Ive been told by a member of the department that all Manhattan Fire operations talk groups are encrypted. The initial alarm dispatch will be in the clear. The talk group name that is in the clear is COMTAC. There will be an official Broadcastify feed of this TG provided by the dept.

Does anyone know if there are still plans for this official feed to materialize on Broadcastify?

overboost_t88

Does anyone know if there are still plans for this official feed to materialize on Broadcastify?

I never heard of anything like that. When Ka-comm come out to my center to do radio testing they basically said the same as others have posted its all locked down except for fire pages. Im not sure why they chose to lock it all down but it sucks.

enduser56

Here's a shot of a log file from the feed I provide to Broadcastify. I probably monitor too many entities (Pott Co, Wabaunsee, Marshall, KHP, K-State Pd) but one curious transmission highlighted in blue below is listed as "county simulcast". They are short transmissions and usually are confirming some very basic dispatch info but I have heard them reference Riley Co. I see the talk group is 6005 and have no idea if that's actually RCPD. Anyway, that's what I know (or maybe don't know in this case) and thought I would put it out there for anyone's comment or followup. The feed is at Northeast Kansas Area Public Safety Live Audio Feed.

1641235219170.png

markhanson1

Here's a shot of a log file from the feed I provide to Broadcastify. I probably monitor too many entities (Pott Co, Wabaunsee, Marshall, KHP, K-State Pd) but one curious transmission highlighted in blue below is listed as "county simulcast". They are short transmissions and usually are confirming some very basic dispatch info but I have heard them reference Riley Co. I see the talk group is 6005 and have no idea if that's actually RCPD. Anyway, that's what I know (or maybe don't know in this case) and thought I would put it out there for anyone's comment or followup. The feed is at Northeast Kansas Area Public Safety Live Audio Feed.

View attachment 114525
Talkgroup 6005 is KSU Campus PD.

Status
Not open for further replies.