• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

Ringwood NXDN

NParkNJ

Hey guys. First thread was closed on this.

I have reasonable cause to believe Ringwood IS in fact using NXDN, and as a Tac channel.

They are doing the Passaic County paving, and have officers directing traffic.

I live very close to the area being paved and figured I’d listen in.

Currently happening(14:17 hours)

My observation/experiment:

151.1675 in CSQ. Digital(NXDN) sound.

I have my whistler which is Phase 1&2 P25 capable, and they are not P25. I put the modulation as digital, and all I get is white noise.

Now. Being I can’t monitor NXDN, I don’t know if they are using this as a Tac channel, or on digital mode, repeated.

They are not simulcasting to analog.

My bet would be 151.1675 as a Tac channel, ran in NXDN mode.

I can’t confirm this, so cannot submit to database. But I have 99% certainty this is them.

GTR8000

Well Known Member
Database Admin
151.1675 is licensed with NXDN emissions under KNEK636. Isn't that their primary PD Dispatch repeater output with 100.0 PL? Seems odd that they'd be using the same channel as a digital tac channel. :unsure:

NParkNJ

151.1675 is licensed with NXDN emissions under KNEK636. Isn't that their primary PD Dispatch repeater output with 100.0 PL? Seems odd that they'd be using the same channel as a digital tac channel. :unsure:
Thats the funny thing....

The only possibility is that its the same frequency with its own separate repeater and possibly RAN.

I know for certain it was not multicasting with analog(VHF or UHF). And regular dispatch is still on analog.

GTR8000

Well Known Member
Database Admin
The only possibility is that its the same frequency with its own separate repeater and possibly RAN.
I very seriously doubt that. That would make much more of a mess than simply operating low power portables on the repeater output.

Someone with NXDN capabilities needs to monitor to determine exactly what is going on.