Rio grande valley members

Status
Not open for further replies.

texasboy1990

Thanks for the replies guys I appreciate the advice and info... I'll see if I can keep my eyes out for a pro 106 or similar on eBay. I have heard of some of the new equipment that's going to be offered this coming year so may just have to wait and see what comes on the market. Since many departments are going p25, a pro 106 should be able to pick up appropriate talk as log as transmissions aren't encrypted right (or are there other things to consider in the mission McAllen area) ? Sorry for the questions again, I'm trying to learn more or less what would be the best route to go. Since I'm fairly new to the world of scanning I'm still a little unclear as far as anything non analog. I'm thinking of a mobile/handheld so the radioshack pro 106 or uniden seem to be the best options so far...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

al95

Uniden will come out with new scanners in about 2-3 months from now. The BCD436HP which is a handheld and the BCD536HP which is a desk/mobile+ more features you need to read scanner the price are 499.99 for the handheld and 599.99 for the base version which does. This are very easy to program just enter your zip code. This radios uses a micro sd card that has all of the US/Canada database from Radioreference and uniden will update this list often with the changes made to the database by users. New scanners my come out from the other company that I forgot the name right now but they do radar detectors

memo124

Hello,

Question about a specific freq. I programmed 155.94000 as the only one shown for one of the local PDs (La Joya PD). I can hear it, but is garbled. Also, anywhere I can get more info as when a freq. is AM, FM, FMN, FMW? I'm using Scancat-Lite with my Pro-95.

Thanks.

Their frequency is encrypted.

dbelleperc

Just to let you know CCSO went live today on the LRGVRRS.

I still use my trusty Pro-96, Ill be upgrading pretty soon.

al95

Just to let you know CCSO went live today on the LRGVRRS.

I still use my trusty Pro-96, Ill be upgrading pretty soon.

I was scared that my scanner BCD396T was broken because was not hearing anything from the old frequencies. Maybe that's why my Pro-106 was picking up new IDS. Will post new IDs as soon as I find out to who it belong to.

starwtc

Would like to get conformation on Laguna Vista PD 61550. I know RR database says
they are dispatched by Port Isabel but while listening, when 61550 makes a traffic stop they all seem to be in Port Isabel. Just was wondering if P/Isabel and Laguna talk groups were turned around.

Status
Not open for further replies.