Rio Rancho

Status
Not open for further replies.

cd1229

Premium Subscriber
I have a BC125AT and listen to police and fire in Rio Rancho. Lately, some of the channels I have programmed, that worked previously, are now making only clicks and static. The signal strength indicator remains strong on all the channels. I do receive the dispatch channels just fine, but the secondary channels are the ones that click and make static. Can anyone tell me if they've changed their equipment and if I need a better scanner? Or if those channels no longer available?

Giddyuptd

Premium Subscriber
Well they have transitioned some or are mostly going toward phase 2 700mhz on the state system.

I would imagine they cut the patches once everyone is on the new hardware.

Not sure if they are going to maintain the legacy system as fallback any or completely tear it down or re assign it to public works or other uses..

As for clicking and static card to share a audio sample?

I honestly wouldn't doubt if the side channels that were once on vhf clear be secured now specially ncic or traffic details or events and any admin.

cd1229

Premium Subscriber
Which channels are you talking about?
Which channels are you talking about?

These are the channels that are programmed that are giving me only static and clicking when they transmit. Had been working just fine until recently.

155.80500KNBU643RM127.3 PLRio PD 2Police Channel 2FMNLaw Tac

155.07000WNED206BM103.5 PLRR 5 PD TacPolice TacticalFMNLaw Tac

154.25000KSS290RM192.8 PLRio FD 2Fire Channel 2FMNFire-Tac

cd1229

Premium Subscriber
Well they have transitioned some or are mostly going toward phase 2 700mhz on the state system.

I would imagine they cut the patches once everyone is on the new hardware.

Not sure if they are going to maintain the legacy system as fallback any or completely tear it down or re assign it to public works or other uses..

As for clicking and static card to share a audio sample?

I honestly wouldn't doubt if the side channels that were once on vhf clear be secured now specially ncic or traffic details or events and any admin.

cd1229

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for your reply.

The new phase 2 system you mentioned, and the patches cut - does that mean the channels are "gone forever"? Or would I need to buy a more sophisticated scanner in order to receive those? Or program them in as new channels on my scanner?

I will work on recording an audio sample to share.

Giddyuptd

Premium Subscriber
Typically users are given overtime cross compatible hardware with the new system and old syatem in it. However some slowly migrate issuing equipment while some use the old legacy vhf or uhf. During this they will multicast pr patch over from a trs the trunking system talkgroup to a designated channel on conventional. When transition is complete and all users are on the new they shut down the patches from trs to old system.

Rarely some maintain a patch on a main dispatch channel on the old conventional. But it happens.

Your scanner I'm not familiar with but you'll need or it'll need to do 700mhz phase 1 and phase 2 tdma.

The old system they used was vhf 150mhz range. This new system is a trunked digital system in the 700 mhz range. Ymmv on who jumps on it nut i I know those who aren't going 700 eventually may go vhf phase 2 trunked in time down road due to existing hardware on sites being capable of vhf trunked and the costs they already spit into vhf.

Roswell comes to mind with that concept in future.

Thanks for your reply.

The new phase 2 system you mentioned, and the patches cut - does that mean the channels are "gone forever"? Or would I need to buy a more sophisticated scanner in order to receive those? Or program them in as new channels on my scanner?

I will work on recording an audio sample to share.

Status
Not open for further replies.