Rioting in Feguson

Status
Not open for further replies.

spectr17

Anybody listening? I grew up in St. Ann but live in CA now. Someone mentioned the cops are using the riot channel now. Anybody know that channel or is it encrypted? I'm listening to the feeds on Broadcastify now but several have shut down their Ferguson coverage it appears for officer safety.

thomasbillman1

Feed Provider
Why close the feed down

why block the stream when tv is covering it live from street to street.

Dei2Racing

All the TV streams I tried last night when off with the scanners. Fox2 just had a shot of the arch up all night. Local news did not even have any coverage here in PA.

copperhd

Premium Subscriber
Seems like more & more of what you wan't to hear/learn about is being filtered or just plain hidden. A best informed public is one that has access to what is actually happening, not just what "they" want you to see/hear.

teufler

getting traffic from the HP Swat van, tg 9, weldon Springs, MOSWIN, though traffic from the streets, I think it is still St Louis Cty Riot Channels. Analog conventional, and I live too far west to hear very good. All I heard was one shot , he was wearing a mask, had a shotgun, going trick or treat 3 months early.

karldotcom

just read a Washington Post writer and Huff Post contributor (former SCOTUS law clerk) were taken into custody for not clearing out of McDonalds fast enough for an offficer. Twitter is on fire.

Why isn't this covered again?

lynxrufus

I haven't been listening to scanner traffic. It's been amazing watching the coverage on local TV. National media reports just parts of the story, which gives a distorted (exagerated) picture.

Last night St. Louis alderman Antonio French was among those arrested, which is a much bigger deal locally than arresting Huffington Post or Washington Post journalists, who were released without charges. French spent the night in jail but is expected to be released soon. Reporters will surely be scrambling to interview him when he is.

scanman1958

Premium Subscriber
TG 9,(disp 3) on MOSWIN has been very busy. St Louis City has been using Tac D and a K9 channel. Probably a lot of others too. St Louis County has been using a lot of Pt to Pt and RIOT A. I am assuming they are using all the other RIOT channels too. I live in south city so any 'on the ground' radio traffic will not be heard by me. People living up near Ferguson should have better reception.

As far as TV coverage FOX 2 does have a computer live feed of their news at 9pm and 1000pm locally. After the news is over it goes offline.

w2xq

Mentor
I went to school in St Louis in 1960-61. Ferguson's situation instantly brought back memories of the ugly long hot summer of 1968. T'was a difficult time. The city I worked in was shut down for almost a week. The nation almost burned to .the ground. For scanner listeners there have been several feeds on Ustream. KMOX-1120, heard coast-coast at night, has coverage; also available streaming on Tunein and Radio.com. KTVI- 2 has streaming video.

blueline_308

So, does St. Louis county have a simplex only system? I ask because all the feeds from there sound like they are monitoring the input frequency. I hear no squelch tail snd it's scratchy.

Status
Not open for further replies.