RIP City of Greenfield Analog TRS ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tim

Greetings...

It appears like the City of Greenfield's Analog TRS is on life support. It is currently in fail-soft at the moment (857.4625 / 858.9875 / 859.4625). If this *is* it for the system, it took Greenfield 8 years to decommission the system after Greenfield PD + FD left the system in 2013-2014 for WISCOM (Eventually then hopping to OASIS).

The only user of the system in the last 7-8 years has been the Greenfield Public Works. I'm not sure if "user" is the right word since there were times the last few years I would run Uni-Trunker on the system and there was no radio traffic during a weekday (Just radio affiliations).

I had heard a few years ago that Greenfield PW would be using one of the above frequencies as a conventional channel. We will see I guess.

Tim

CrabbyMilton

Certainly no surprise there. I didn't know that it lasted this long since I thought everyone except the City of Milwaukee is on OASIS now.

Tim

I personally haven't heard any actual traffic on it for a couple of months now, but it was still running as of Saturday. They must have put it in Fail-Soft mode on either Monday or Tuesday.

Tim

prowisscan

I can remember when this system was the backup a few/many summers ago when the Milwaukee Co. Motorola system went down; supporting the SW suburbs police departments.

Tim

Greetings...

Just an update, today I heard West Allis FD Battalion 6 chatting with E-62 on TG 560 on Greenfield Analog TRS. They each had a unique radio ID so it was definitely native to this system. Nothing appeared to be wrong with OASIS so not sure why they were using this system.

Tim

Greetings...

Just an update, today I heard West Allis FD Battalion 6 chatting with E-62 on TG 560 on Greenfield Analog TRS. They each had a unique radio ID so it was definitely native to this system. Nothing appeared to be wrong with OASIS so not sure why they were using this system.

Tim
It could of been related but I believe West Allis was having a dispatch radio issue,I heard Greenfield get dispatched for a med call in West Allis and when the Greenfield med unit was trying to get ahold of west allis dispatch they got no response, another west allis unit tried to get ahold of dispatch no response then battalion chief called dispatch on the phone and he said over the radio that they were using an alternate channel

anchele

I have the Rego Police Scanner App on my phone and see that the Milwaukee County Law Enforcement channel has been off the air now for about two weeks. Are they permanently off the air? Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask, Im new here. Thanks Michele

Tim

I have the Rego Police Scanner App on my phone and see that the Milwaukee County Law Enforcement channel has been off the air now for about two weeks. Are they permanently off the air? Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask, Im new here. Thanks Michele

Greetings...

I am hijacking my own thread I guess, but I run the Milwaukee County Law Enforcement feed. I just moved to another part of the county last week. I will try to get the feed up and running here very soon. Still unboxing and stuff.

Tim

anchele

Greetings...

I am hijacking my own thread I guess, but I run the Milwaukee County Law Enforcement feed. I just moved to another part of the county last week. I will try to get the feed up and running here very soon. Still unboxing and stuff.

Tim
Thanks for the update Tim and good luck with getting organized with your move.

Status
Not open for further replies.