Riscon bcd-996xt

Status
Not open for further replies.

mfd238

Premium Subscriber
Hello,
I have a new BCD-996XT. I am in Westerly so I want to have the WPD and other agency's around the State on my scanner through the RISCON system but, I don't know just how to program them in. I put in all the frecqs. and TG's but it still says "Finding a Control Channel" on the Radio Screen! I need Help!

Thanks,

Chris

Dan6071

Premium Subscriber
i have the same radio and live in groton ct if you like i will program it for you .just let me know .thanks

W1KNE

Owner ScanNewEngland
Database Admin
Hello,
I have a new BCD-996XT. I am in Westerly so I want to have the WPD and other agency's around the State on my scanner through the RISCON system but, I don't know just how to program them in. I put in all the frecqs. and TG's but it still says "Finding a Control Channel" on the Radio Screen! I need Help!

Thanks,

Chris

Hi Chris,
First thing to note. You won't get Westerly PD. They are 100% encrypted. You won't hear any Westerly PD comms with it. Make sure when you programmed the system as a P25 system and not a motorola one. In our database, if the entry says "E" instead of D, it means it is encrypted.
You only need to enter the CC. The problem is, if you don't have solid reception of the south zone, you won't get a lock. Unlike other systems, with a P25 trunked system, you need to make sure you have a good solid signal.
If you have ARC-XT, I can send you a ARC file which you can use to program it.
-- Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.