Riscon Site Trunking mode with G5

Status
Not open for further replies.

pro106import

Premium Subscriber
Milford, Ct. perched high above Long Island Sound
For the first time that I ever noticed, my G5 has gone into the "Site Trunking" mode while monitoring the system. The pager still shows 853.875 as the control channel being received and everything is receiving normally as far as I can tell. I only have the South Zone control channels programmed in for the site. I have owned this unit for a couple of months monitoring systems from NJ to Mass and everything in between, and this is the first time the G5 ever came on with the "Site Trunking" banner flashing in red at the bottom. Also, it seems as though I am hearing talkgroups I don't usually hear on the South site.
Now I hear Scituate PD talking about the same thing.
What gives?
Bob
Milford, Ct.

mrsvensven

"site trunking" is a system failure which means that the South Zone isn't connected to the rest of the radio system. It means that someone with a radio on the South Zone can talk to other users on the South Zone, but can't talk to users in the rest of the state. The system users are also likely seeing the same message on their radios.

pro106import

Premium Subscriber
Milford, Ct. perched high above Long Island Sound
"site trunking" is a system failure which means that the South Zone isn't connected to the rest of the radio system. It means that someone with a radio on the South Zone can talk to other users on the South Zone, but can't talk to users in the rest of the state. The system users are also likely seeing the same message on their radios.
Ahh OK thank you for that info. Yes just as you said, many departments were talking about the problem, the more I listened. It just went back to normal a couple min. ago and they came out on the Intercity TG's and said everything was back to normal operating conditions. It definitely through me for a loop, as I never saw that on my radio before, although I don't monitor the system relatively often.
Bob

Status
Not open for further replies.