RIvCo FIRE / BRAVO,DELTA,ECHO RESP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

scottyhetzel

Hello,

Listening to RRU-3 dispatch 151.130 channel hearing dispatch response levels similar to OrCo dispatch.This is new...." Medic 55 RSO on scene Echo responses...

Are these terms the same as OrCo medical responses..

Alpha
Bravo
Charlie
Delta
Echo

Thank you in advance...

Last edited:

mikeshepard

Those are the standard response levels used by the PROQA medical dispatch triage system, which is in use across the country. In San Diego County you'll now hear Heartland using those dispatch levels occasionally as well. Basically, ECHO is a critical call and ALPHA is a routine BLS dispatch.

Markb

Premium Subscriber
These dispatch levels escalate from Alpha to Echo, Alpha being a "band aid" call to Echo being a full arrest or maybe a critical trauma type of situation. Dispatchers receive extra training to triage calls into one of these categories based on info provided by the caller.
I am not familiar with the Omega level that Kingscup mentioned, though.

Who gets sent and at what speed depends somewhat on the agency/system. In OC, ambulances roll code 2 except for Delta and Echo calls. The fire units go code 3 on Charlie and above, if memory serves. BLS engines (if they even exist anymore) might take a Bravo call vs. Tying up an ALS resource

As Kingscup mentioned Alpha and Omega Calls are code 2 and all others are code 3. Does this apply to the ambulance as well, especially outside of the Coves?
This is where the major differences with OC will probably lie I'm guessing.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Kingscup

Feed Provider
As Kingscup mentioned Alpha and Omega Calls are code 2 and all others are code 3. Does this apply to the ambulance as well, especially outside of the Coves?
This is where the major differences with OC will probably lie I'm guessing.

The Coves, Indio and AMR ambulances will follow this also. I am not sure about Idyllwild fire ambulances but I would assume they would also follow this as well since it is supported by REMSA. Since Cathedral city ambulances are not dispatched by us, I don't think this will apply to them. I am not sure if they even have EMD.

scottyhetzel

Thank you guys.... Kingscup, how come this is procedure now on medical calls? Also do you know the exact break down of each response type?

Example : Alpha medical= band aid and hangnail.

Thank you!

Last edited:

avdrummerboy

This is from San Bernardino county, but still a good example, the card numbers are all the same for PRO QA everywhere and most likely the same descriptions for call types as well. In this county, only a few places are going code 2 to Alpha level calls, most of the county goes code 3 to everything (not a bad thing IMO as one who works on a box.)

https://www.sbcounty.gov/icema/main/ViewFile.aspx?DocID=1837

scottyhetzel

Kingscup

Feed Provider
Thank you guys.... Kingscup, how come this is procedure now on medical calls?

Over the years, dispatches have become shorter. First, with the shorter tones followed removing non-essential info on the dispatch to the point of where we are now. The objective is to have the crews responding faster to calls. Also, call volume has increased to the point where more calls are being dispatched back to back (to back to back etc...). I expect call volume to be around 170,000 incidents this year.

Pre-arrival instructions have been in use for several years. Omega-Echo was added as the second phase of emergency medical dispatching. It allows the triage of calls to send the appropriate resources with an appropriate response to a call. Approximately 20% of calls are Omega and Aplha.

ScanFanEd

Premium Subscriber
I witnessed how Riverside County Fire handles Bravo Responses today. A traffic collision was dispatched as a Bravo Response, as I was next to the fire rig. They did respond Code 3. Safe to assume this means Riv Co Fire responds to everything Code 3 that is Bravo or above?

Last edited:

SteveC0625

Order of the Golden Dino since 1972
Premium Subscriber
I have been wondering the same thing as far as these response-type designators. Anyone have any idea?
Did you even read the whole thread? Apparently not. Post # 7 gave a firm link to the RR Wiki's full description of the Medical Priority Dispatch response system plus earlier posts answered pretty much the same.

Google Medical Priority Dispatch if you don't believe the Wiki here or the other posters.

PaulNDaOC

In OC The city of Fullerton send both resources, Fire and Care, Code 3.

Interested readers looking for futher info can check the local EMS agency' website for more info for the county or locality in question.

avdrummerboy

Most agencies still roll code 3 to everything regardless simply because, and I experience this every week I work, Alpha level calls are really CPR in progress or a serious trauma, etc. Some places are experimenting with running just the ambulances code 3 and the engines code 2 unless it's a echo level call or the ambulance requests them to step it up.

Kingscup

Feed Provider
As Mark has pointed out, who and at what speed someone is sent on an incident is dependent on the agency and/or system so other counties/agencies don't really apply here. As stated above, RVC Fire and AMR will respond code 2 to Omega and Alpha calls. Bravo, Charlie, Delta and Echo calls will be code 3. This is with the approval of REMSA.

scottyhetzel

As Mark has pointed out, who and at what speed someone is sent on an incident is dependent on the agency and/or system so other counties/agencies don't really apply here. As stated above, RVC Fire and AMR will respond code 2 to Omega and Alpha calls. Bravo, Charlie, Delta and Echo calls will be code 3. This is with the approval of REMSA.

REMSA ? Acronym for ? Thanks

Kingscup

Feed Provider
Riverside County Emergency Medical Services Agency. They regulate the EMS system in the county.

Last edited:

scooter1968

Greetings all,

that is like in my hometown, Spokane, WA
they too have added the ECHO calls as well, this is mostly for cardiac arrest calls

Status
Not open for further replies.