riverbanks zoo

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrat1234

Hi all i have found a new frequency for riverbanks zoo

453.31250 with an input of 458.31250 - unknow if a pl tone or dpl tone is in use

the current identified frequency is 453.32500 with an input of 458.32500 and a DPL of 071

my question is does riverbanks zoo still use fm or do they use dmr or nxdn because last weekend when i was at the zoo i saw all riverbanks staff and public safety personnel were carrying keenwood portables. some were new and some were old models.when i was at the zoo the audio on the radios was crystal clear and sounded digital.i live to far from the zoo to monitor.

tvengr

Well Known Member
Here is another frequency for Riverbanks Zoo: WQUD654 Repeater output 462.525 NFM. None of the 3 frequencies are licensed for anything other than NFM.

Giddyuptd

Premium Subscriber
Being kenwoods, the older or recent models depending on what it is can be nxdn, or dmr.

If law Enforcement has the nx5200s they could have p25 for their end, and another format enabled same time.

Of course analog is also able to be used so 3 modes for no line at one time. 2 digital modes and analog.

Either the person in charge dropped the ball for the emission type at renewal, never renewed or got fired and when new radios got bought someone decided to use a digital format without knowing it must be licensed.

Its also possible the license has yet to show on the fcc end in public view.

Another thing is say analog is their main but they use encryption, it's possible someone didnt know or consider to use p25 aes, or dmr variants or nxdn you must have your frequencies licensed for the emission type also in encryption.

tvengr

Well Known Member
If you are talking about the 462.525 frequency, the FCC does not list PL tones and I am a little too far away to search for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.