Riverside County Fire CTCSS Dispatch Protocol

Status
Not open for further replies.

ScanFanEd

Premium Subscriber
I was listening to the input channel of RRU 1 of Riverside County Fire and noticed that dispatch is going through the input frequency, with at least five different CTCSS tones - I assume based on the repeater/area of the dispatch. I am just curious if anyone knows if the selection of the tone based on the area/repeater is an automated process or if the dispatcher has to select the CTCSS for each call that they dispatch?

I may not have this completely accurate, however it seemed to be along the lines of:

Command 5 Dispatches: 123.0
Command 6 Dispatches: 131.8 and 167.9
Command 7 Dispatches: 107.2
Command 8 Dispatches: 156.7
Command 9 Dispatches: Not Sure
Command 10 Dispatches: 123.0
Command 12 Dispatches: Not Sure

Anyone know how the dispatchers go about selecting the tone, if not somehow automated?

Thanks!

Last edited:

Markb

Premium Subscriber
They have to manually select which tone they are using. You'll hear field units state which tone they are using and that assists other units as well as Perris dispatch with which tone works best in a particular area.

ScanFanEd

Premium Subscriber
They have to manually select which tone they are using. You'll hear field units state which tone they are using and that assists other units as well as Perris dispatch with which tone works best in a particular area.

Thank you, Mark!
Have you by chance heard if they are considering going to automated fire dispatch, as so many fire agencies have?

Status
Not open for further replies.