Riverside county Phase 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

E5911

Premium Subscriber
Can someone update me on the new Riverside county system?
Is Calfire moving to the system? Or just RVC fire units and not the RRU units?

Also herd it will be tri band??

Kingscup

Feed Provider
The CAL FIRE/Riverside County Fire Department will remain on the current system. AFAIK, the voice channels will not change. RRU/RVC will use the data portion of the new system for the MDCs and possibly the new station alerting system among other things.

SCPD

QRT
Can the current generation of scanners, such as my PSR 500's and 600's, demodulate the TDMA Phase II systems? In the past it seems like we can't listen to Riverside County after they have updated to a new system, until a new scanner model is on the market some time later.

I remember visiting Riverside County back in the late 80's and early 90's when I had an 800 MHz receiver and a trunked scanner did not exist. I tried to listen conventionally but Riverside had put an "anti scanner" tone at the end of the transmissions that would delay your radio from moving on to another frequency with the goal of keeping from being able to track any one incident. The systems users didn't hear any tone and there was no delay for them.

zz0468

QRT
Banned
The CAL FIRE/Riverside County Fire Department will remain on the current system. AFAIK, the voice channels will not change. RRU/RVC will use the data portion of the new system for the MDCs and possibly the new station alerting system among other things.

That is to say, they will remain on VHF conventional channels. The current EDACS system is going away.

Kingscup

Feed Provider
That is to say, they will remain on VHF conventional channels. The current EDACS system is going away.

That did cross my mind after I posted it. It could have been confusing what I typed but figured most would know what I meant. :)

OP:
Maybe try the Scan Riverside forums. It may have more answers to your questions.
ScanRiverside.com

Status
Not open for further replies.