Riverside County Public Safety Enterprise Communication Project

Status
Not open for further replies.

inlandpatch

Premium Subscriber
PSEC Radio System

I just bought my new scanner BCD436HP and set it to monitor riverside new system. this scanner is capable of scanning it so i set it to search ID's, what i got was very interesting... i got the TGIDs but each time it is locked on it gives this garbled sound and where it shows if its P25 or ENC it shows "PT1" or "PT0" it sounds like its really close to decoding it. i know this system should be encrypted but then it should show ENC not the other things... right???? i would attach the sound but i dont know how, does anyone know what the PT1 or PT0 means for the phase 2 P25?

Attachments

• FOTEBE2.jpg
    FOTEBE2.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 418

Markb

Premium Subscriber
Most of PSEC is encrypted, so there is no way you will receive intelkigible audio. The PT0 and PT1 are probably the slot being used for the given frequency. TDMA fits 2 conversations into one frequency.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk

inlandpatch

Premium Subscriber
Most of PSEC is encrypted, so there is no way you will receive intelkigible audio. The PT0 and PT1 are probably the slot being used for the given frequency. TDMA fits 2 conversations into one frequency.

o ok thanks for replying! and some times i see it does show P25 but then it goes away so guessing it goes ENC then...

Markb

Premium Subscriber
I believe that is the case. PSEC does sound great on these new radios even with encryption.

brandon

Database Admin
Do the new Uniden scanners skip over ENC talkgroups on Phase II systems. Say you put the radio into search will it only stop on clear or does it stop on everything like the PSR-800?

Markb

Premium Subscriber
Stops on everything. I think you can avoid/lock out the encrypted TG's in search mode.

inlandpatch

Premium Subscriber
Stops on everything. I think you can avoid/lock out the encrypted TG's in search mode.

you seem to know a lot about the system ;) do you know if they have a freq of just P25 not ENC for common talk or disp to disp like what orange county has the RED channel?

Markb

Premium Subscriber
No clear red TG noted so far.
The following have been noted by others as being in the clear:
111 - NW Call
143 - SW Call
1137 - ICS 1
1138 - ICS 2
1141 - ICS Law 1
1142 - ICS Law 2
1143 - ICS Fire 1
These appear to have been rarely used so far. Best to keep your scanner in search mode and report if you hear any other clear traffic. The system is still pretty new, of course, so there is a potential for things to get more active if other agencies decide to join.

inlandpatch

Premium Subscriber
No clear red TG noted so far.
The following have been noted by others as being in the clear:
111 - NW Call
143 - SW Call
1137 - ICS 1
1138 - ICS 2
1141 - ICS Law 1
1142 - ICS Law 2
1143 - ICS Fire 1
These appear to have been rarely used so far. Best to keep your scanner in search mode and report if you hear any other clear traffic. The system is still pretty new, of course, so there is a potential for things to get more active if other agencies decide to join.

GREAT!! made my day!!

brandon

Database Admin
Thanks for the info Mark. I'm still tempted to buy one of these radios but going to wait until the prices drop a bit.

do you know if they have a freq of just P25 not ENC for common talk or disp to disp like what orange county has the RED channel?

There is a RED talkgroup but it is encrypted.

ICS Law 2 has been the busiest non-enc talkgroup and only active every other day. The Star 9 units hang out there. I also heard a BOL on NW Call last week from SBSO.

That's about it. Also some radio testing on 1145 --- so boring I ended up locking it out.

When it comes to scanning law enforcement, the folks in Orange County have it good compared to us in Riverside County :D

pepsima1

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Thanks for the info Mark. I'm still tempted to buy one of these radios but going to wait until the prices drop a bit.

There is a RED talkgroup but it is encrypted.

ICS Law 2 has been the busiest non-enc talkgroup and only active every other day. The Star 9 units hang out there. I also heard a BOL on NW Call last week from SBSO.

That's about it. Also some radio testing on 1145 --- so boring I ended up locking it out.

When it comes to scanning law enforcement, the folks in Orange County have it good compared to us in Riverside County :D

Well I really dis-agree with you when it comes to Orange County Law Enforcement. We have been fully Encrypted since 2001 and the County has never looked back. Yes we have the RED talkgroup but Encryption has been in full force for 13 years. You have had an edge for the past 13 years with EDACS with Riverside Co. Now you will start to feel the pain that we all have been feeling for all of these years now. But the good thing is that this system is new and there might be a chance that when other cities come online you might be-able to hear some stuff in the clear. We will never have that chance.

Here is some of the TGIDs for the new Radio system I did hear a Officer talking in the open today he was Just asking for a Radio check though its better then just Not geting anything on the new system

Last edited by a moderator:

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
Hotshotmike, I've moved your post to an existing thread on the PSEC system with discussion on unidentified talkgroups.

Status
Not open for further replies.